Author Topic: 90/180 day Visa - a further twist?  (Read 5603 times)

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
Re: 90/180 day Visa - a further twist?
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2013, 20:55:08 PM »
Thanks Marrgie I am still trying to make sense of it all, I think if I am intending to stay for a long period the best thing is to apply for residency  :)

Offline Marggie

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2013, 08:12:14 AM »
Hi Karen, if on your date of departure, you have not exceeded 90 days in Turkey in the previous 180 then you will be fine.  However, this criteria will have to be met each time you depart Turkey.

For peace of mind it is probably better to take out residency.  Of course there are new rules regarding residency coming in April 2014.  It is intimated at the moment (and as this is Turkey, so it could change), first application for residency will have to be made to the Turkish Embassy in London - incurring a fair amount of expense unless you live in the capital.  The other thing is residency will only be granted for a year at a time.

If these plans come to fruition, it will be a lot more difficult and more expensive to get residency, especially the first time. 

If you will be in Turkey before April 2014, it may well be better, if at all possible, to take out residency before April 2014.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2013, 10:08:11 AM »
Thanks Marrgie Oooh I did not know that the residency will have to be applied for in London, I soo do not do London far too busy for me! I need to get my thinking cap on with all of this....

Offline Marggie

« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2013, 10:34:54 AM »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf