Author Topic: New Residency  (Read 14330 times)

Offline quackers

Re: New Residency
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2014, 18:04:52 PM »
Post ıt back to your address. They wıll be lucky here ,we dont have a postman never have. I thınk you wıll fınd that 50tl ıs for the new card and 200tl ıs for a years resıdency not tax, but you pay for ıt at the tax offıce.

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2014, 16:31:06 PM »
Not wishing to be the harbinger of doom - I was in an insurance brokers office in Fethiye yesterday sorting out my house / buildings & contents / dask and motorbike insurance.

I know from reading other sources that from Bodrum to Alanya many people are taking up the cheap "emergency cover insurance" at prices from 105 to 180 lira to submit with their applications - so.......

Whilst there the lady serving me took a call from someone in the polis - might have been an officer or a "guide" but either way she said to me "we have been issuing emergency cover accident insurance for 180 lira to help people get around the health insurance requirements - it covers for emergencies up to 10,000 lira - a number of people have used them last week to get a one year residency but the polis now say Ankara have been in touch and said it is not enough cover" - "so I have proposed another policy at 350 lira which covers anyone up to age 60 for 30,000 lira emergency cover and they have said - ok - that should be ok"

So in some towns that "cheap option" may be falling down already and what happens to those initial applications then?" - Chaotic to say the least..........

Offline Lorraine

« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2014, 11:09:01 AM »
I had my application 'approved' and sent to Ankara last week for a 1 year extension to the 3 year permit that expired on 29 April, and I had included a medical cover by a Turkish broker, I can only hope that this is accepted in Ankara. I can only hope that my permit is returned sometime in the near future, I am now splitting my time between Fethiye and Marmaris (I sail in the summer and would like to get going, and had hoped to check out to Greece before 16th June when the Yachts annual transit log expires - more  paperwork). Anyway, whilst my neighbours are all keeping their eyes peeled should my permit be lobbed into the complex by the post man....I should be grateful if any member could post an alert when they start being returned from Ankara. Thanks in advance.

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2014, 14:42:16 PM »

Offline loiner

« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2014, 10:54:20 AM »
I submitted my residency application on the 25th April along with my emergency health cover 105 tl .
I have today received a phone call informing me that this is not acceptable. Does anyone know what
is acceptable and how much it is.

Offline nick11

• Newly Registered
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2014, 11:22:02 AM »
We finally managed to do ours yesterday (well get it approved to be sent to Ankara anyway). The passport police will not accept the application without comprehensive health insurance. The cost is dependent on sex and age

Offline davybill

« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2014, 13:08:13 PM »
We. Are trying to get comprehensive insurance at the moment, broker we got hasnt had any luck,
We are 73/72 so it looks like a trip out of turkey for visa stamp,as emergency insurance not being accepted,

Offline nick11

• Newly Registered
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2014, 13:47:56 PM »
That appears to be a problem as the insurance quotes we saw only went up to about age 62. We were lucky as that is fine for us. However, at the moment, there does not appear to habe been any thought given to people who are older than this. Hopefully they will sort it out soon.

Offline maud

• Newly Registered
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2014, 15:57:56 PM »
So is their anybody out there who has applied for residency under the new rules and regs and has Full Insurance had there's returned successfully?

Offline Boxerdogs

« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2014, 05:42:15 AM »
I am also part of the nightmare of trying to renew my residency, after being informed that the emergency health cover 105 tl is no longer being excepted, and that I would need comprehensive health insurance. she also told me that some people were getting insurance for about 600tl but that also will not be excepted by Ankara, She was talking to the harbour police who said they are taking the applications but have not sent them off to Ankara yet. I am 59yrs and have been quoted 6000tl for total cover (outpatient, G.P, Day care & Inpatient) I was also told by the insurance agent that I could not get SGK as I need a valid 1yr residency when I have had a 3yr residency she said that I need to have 1yr left on it to get SGK. But how can you get that as you can now only get 1yr and you need to buy private health insurance then at the same time at the start of your new residency get the SGK, ie pay twice. this is mad. Now with all this change I am running out of time so I am going out to get a visa so that I will have another 3mths to try to sort this mess out :(

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf