Author Topic: Earthquake Corfu  (Read 2238 times)

Offline Crabbit

• The Fuhrer
  • Prolific Member
  • Location: Here at the moment .... waiting to be with my Angel Pearl again
Earthquake Corfu
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2008, 16:48:44 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by maria

M sister felt it in Dalyan she was in bed and her alarm clock fell off bedside table

Who the hell has an alarm clock in Turkey.    :o

Offline kismetbar

Earthquake Corfu
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2008, 21:30:38 PM »
We are built into the castle rock so we rarely feel them but I was awake when it happened. I did not feel a thing but I heard it and it was a weird feeling. I heard this deep groaning kind of sound which got louder and louder until it came to a sudden stop. Although nothing in the apartment moved, I could see across the bay things swaying. I stood there thinking 'what's coming next?'. Needless to say, it kept me awake!! There will be further ones as the plates 're-adjust' themselves. The cat didn't like it. Freaked him out completely! Tonight's weather is a bit weird. Our barmen have said there's something in the air ... they reckon another tremor. But hey, it all adds to the excitement!!
On a serious note, I watched a news article on Euronews and this report said they expect the next big tsunami to hit Fethiye because of the way the bay is formed. Hope it never happens and according to experts, the most we 'should' ever expect (on a direct hit) is 6 on the richter scale which would still cause damage but not on the extent as it has done in previous quakes. Ladies, in your quake packs, put your lippie in, men - make sure you pack a few beers!! Me? I'll probably sleep through it!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf