Author Topic: Villa needed  (Read 6679 times)

Offline Lynn25

Villa needed
« on: March 28, 2017, 13:17:36 PM »
Hi,
We had provisionally booked a 2 bed villa from 26/8 - 9/9 which would have been ideal for the 2 of us! However we now have 2 other family members joining us (1 just for the 2nd week) so might not be suitable as there is only 1 bathroom!! Can anyone help us with recommendations for accomodation? 2 beds is fine as long as there is a sofa bed for the 2nd week but 2 bathrooms/loos and a nice pool area would be a must. Have looked at all the usual sites and everything is either booked for those dates or way out of our price range. Preferably not too far from the beach front and if an appartment needs to be ground floor.
Many many thanks.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Villa needed
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2017, 13:20:14 PM »
You seriously expect a black market villa renter to reply on an open forum?

Sorry, couldn't resist  :)

JF

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2017, 15:59:22 PM »
Sorry Lynne but I think with the new rental controls you might find it difficult to get a cheap booking.

Offline DianaJ

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2017, 19:36:38 PM »
Sunset Beach club has a lot of ground floor 2 bed /2bath room apartments that might interest you..... I know there is a lot of  owners on owners direct &  holiday lettings but as Stoop says may find it difficult to get a booking direct from the owner now with the change in controls. I know number of lettings agents who look after some of the properties there you could give them a try www.oceanlettings.com www.joylettings.com ... hope this helps

Offline Lynn25

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2017, 11:52:57 AM »
Thanks for the response.
 I was just asking for recommendation!. E.g places where people might have stayed before that meet our requirements, which is why I mentioned them. We always book through agents such as Owners Direct, Clickstay and more recently Rainbow and was planning on doing the same this year, having looked on these sites there isn't much available so though someone on here might have an alternative suggestion. I wouldn't be stupid enough to part with our hard earned cash willy nilly!!
Thanks DianaJ, we have looked at Sunset but prefer something a bit quieter. We've sent an enquiry to Rainbow regarding a private villa with pool so might be sorted.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2017, 15:52:34 PM »
It's not so much about you parting with your hard earned cash as about getting someone to actually want to part you from it.

New regs mean owners wanting to rent their property have a few big hoops to jump through and I think many will just not even bother.

Good luck with your search.

Offline ArtyMar

• Make Art not War
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2017, 11:05:38 AM »
Our beautiful villa (Villa Loumar, just down the road from The Surf Cafe Beach) is available for much of the season: sleeps up to 7 with 3 bathrooms. All new regs are being taken care of by our agents, Rainbow. Good luck!

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2017, 11:10:47 AM »
Well done ArtyMar, you're the first CBF member to advertise a fully legal rental!

Are your agents in Fethiye?  On the basis they're obviously on the ball you can give them a plug  :)

Some idea of costs would help other members in a similar situation, if you feel comfortable doing it of course.

JF

Offline Lotty

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2017, 11:39:10 AM »
Very beautiful villa ArtyMar! You've definitely left your mark.   :) 8)

Offline swindsor

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2017, 08:36:27 AM »
This villa looks familiar!   We walk past this on our way up to the Angel Bar at the top of the road.  It's a beautiful villa in a lovely spot. 

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf