Author Topic: "Dolphinarium plans create major protest"  (Read 242424 times)

Offline cheers

"Dolphinarium plans create major protest"
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2010, 18:52:14 PM »
From research the "Biggies" TUI, Thomas Cook and Thomsons do not promote any trips to any Dolphinarium in Turkey.  So if they are on our side and both Turkish people, expats, Wildlife Organisations etc. etc. are on our side hopefully we can keep on going to make sure this place nevr opens its door to a dolphin!!

Anyone any further news on the exact location??

Offline cheers

« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2010, 20:14:11 PM »
Does this mean they will still be able to move the dolphins in while they attempt to get their licence? Could it possibly be that work will still continue in the hope that they they will be granted the relevant licenses?  Nicholas post does say "it can't open to the public or operate"

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2010, 22:15:35 PM »
Basically it is behind the Azda in Hisaronu and has aparts/ bars and Azda on 3 sides and a road on the other. Opposite and up a bit is Morrisons I think it is called!

Cheers I don't know the answer and this is Turkey and things are done differently but I would have thought that the facilities would have to be up to standard and suitable before the Dolphins were allowed in otherwise what is the point.

I can't see how they could be considered suitable on the basis of size alone so fingers crossed!

There is a suggestion on Facebook that it is not true that the land was sold. This of course can be checked.

I think Jane's article will help clarify a few things. I hope it comes out soon.

Offline cheers

« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2010, 22:41:11 PM »
Got to say Nichola you deserve 10/10 for your info and effort on this!! I'm sure everyone would agree with that!!

Well done!!

8) 8) 8)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 22:42:13 PM by cheers »

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2010, 22:51:14 PM »
Thanks but I haven't really done anything more than others. I just happen to spend a lot of time on line... and somehow I got contacted by a couple of real key players about what was going on so was able to follow up and share with you all.

Intersting although may be just a blip but I have tried and failed to get onto the Turkish petition site several times in the past half hour. I am wondering if this has been pulled [?]

Offline cheers

« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2010, 23:22:56 PM »
If its this petition  http://www.facebook.com/pages/YUNUS-PARKLARI-KAPATILSIN/340170370958?ref=nf
which is the Turkish page posted by Scunner and it must be a blip as have just tried it for you and no probs.

Lin

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2010, 23:42:22 PM »
Thanks this is the one though - I got on ok this time - 1084 people signed and still predominantly signed by Turks.

http://www.sessizkalmasucaortakolma.com/dilekce/dilekce_detay.asp?id=329

This one apparently not written legally under Turkish law relating to petitions has almost reached its target of 1000 at 994 people signed.

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/4/stop-the-construction-of-a-dolphinarium-in-ldeniz-turkey

Offline ovaciksarah

« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2010, 15:38:26 PM »
Saw Kerametin,s report on his facebook, saying the dolphinarium is going to go ahead, and if we are not happy, then all animals should not be caged in zoos, birtds should not be caged, and dogs not in homes.  How pathetic.  My son has written to Sea Shepherd, to see if they can give any advice and help, so, knowing how important all dolphins and whales to him, hope he can help.

Offline peecee

« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2010, 16:59:38 PM »
Am I right in thinking that Nichola said the site wouldn't open without the permission of the local council? If so, then is the local council good old Kerramatim Yilmaz?
I, for one, would love a crazy golf site!

Offline cheers

« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2010, 17:54:18 PM »
Apparently not Peecee, Kerramatim Yilmaz is only one of a few members of the council!  Does anyone have the whole list of the other people so that we can make our feelings known to stop them hiding?

Too many unanswered questions on this one!

Has the land been sold to the Russians?  Does the local council even have the authority to sell the land?
Has it been rented?  If so who has paid for the work that has been done so far?
Is it even conceivable that a dolphinarium be built in the mountains, where they cannot even be in housed in sea water?  If not what is being considered behind the scenes for this piece of land?

The mind boggles!!

By any chance is there an election coming up?

Does anyone know if the concrete was actually poured last night or if the site is still at a standstill?

Have heard that the Yanks have now heard about this.  So please everybody keep going!  

You can lose battles but still win the war!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf