Author Topic: Do'nt blame you.....  (Read 7968 times)

Offline ytokgoz

• www.propertyandturkey.com
Do'nt blame you.....
« on: January 07, 2010, 13:18:31 PM »
hello from snowy england to you lucky people in turkey..
i have been here about 2 weeks and omg what a weather you have got like this... it has been snowing if not raining, cold miserable dump weather...now i understand why people prefer to live abroad..(oh also lots of polish people around, am i in uk or poland?)

apart from it all chritsmas is lovely and thas one of the things i love about uk.

to make you little bit jealous i have been eating fish and chips and kfc lots which you can not find in fethiye...

Offline busybee

Do'nt blame you.....
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2010, 13:29:23 PM »
Hi Yotgoz know what you mean arrived in UK on Monday by Wednesday marooned in Reading with 10inches of snow!!! Just taken my daughters lurchers out, boy did they love it.  Brilliant sunshine but no sign of melting.  So just watching TV and pigging out on English food.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Do'nt blame you.....
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2010, 13:32:26 PM »
Nonsense, we're now up to -2C from -7C this morning. Glad I brought my shorts back with me now :D

Offline keltos

Do'nt blame you.....
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2010, 13:48:54 PM »
Did you honestly think that post could ever stay? If you have a grievance with your estate agent you won't get much sympathy by hijacking a totally unrelated topic and calling your agent a "whore".

Go away.

Scunner

Apologies folks, please return to topic.

Thanks

Scunner

Oh, and you didn't even introduce yourself, too late now :D
« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 13:55:47 PM by keltos »

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Do'nt blame you.....
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2010, 13:55:15 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by ytokgoz

(oh also lots of polish people around, am i in uk or poland?)

I don't know if you know that the UK is part of the European Union and that means that Polish people have every right to be there in the UK.

In fact there are lots of different nationalities including Turkish people living and working in the UK - one of the many things that make it Great Britain.

We all live in One World and are all citizens not just of our country of birth but of the world, with rights and responsibilities to ourselves and each other wherever we are.

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
Do'nt blame you.....
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2010, 14:24:39 PM »
Ytokgoz - where abouts are you in UK ?   We live in Cambridgeshire and we have a very large number of polish residents in this part of the UK.  Which is great, because we can now find all sorts of lovely polish food in the supermarkets !

Offline Gorgeous_bird

• Prolific Member
Do'nt blame you.....
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2010, 14:50:24 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by ytokgoz

oh also lots of polish people around, am i in uk or poland?)

If you are unhappy with that situation you had better hope Turkey are never in the EU as you will be swamped by most of the UK aswell as other European countries, then at least there will be enough room for the Poles in the UK.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 15:03:17 PM by Gorgeous_bird »

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
Do'nt blame you.....
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2010, 14:58:15 PM »
Don't knock the UK, we are privileged to have freedom of movement, in and out of our country.
 Don't knock the NHS until you have not had it to hand for a number of years, its free, even to foreigners.

Don't knock that you are not enjoying where you are, there are some places in the UK and Turkey that I would not like.

We have just been out for a brisk walk in the crisp snow, deathly under foot but loved it.

Loads of Polish in the UK, and you not sure whether or not you are in UK or Poland.

Loads of Brits in Turkey, and the tell tale sign that you are not in the UK is the weather.

Brits moan about the council tax in the UK.
Brits are still moaning about the Road tax in Turkey.

Brits moan about the road conditions, Turkey and ~UK
Brits moan about the cost of Electric
Brits moan regarding the maintainance companies
Brits moan about the build workmanship
Brits moan about the local council
Brits moan about the cost of drink

moan moan moan no wonder the Aussies call us "Whinging Poms"

Offline ytokgoz

• www.propertyandturkey.com
Do'nt blame you.....
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2010, 15:46:01 PM »
Dear Nichola;
"answer: this is your country, you can do whatever you can do with it, but if it ws my country i would deinitly stop lots of people including turkish not to come to my country but taking the jobs of what british people could do so your children would have jobs, stop using social services so your children can beneift them better, am i wrong? i am not racist but if it was my country i would definatly stand up for it because if i am paying taxes for it i would like the use the benefits of it not a sileem seeker or illegal immigrant coming and using all the services that i have paid for in case i would need it someday..i assume you are either polish or greatest fun of labour party in uk..."
to pookie"i am in chelmsford but i go london for business lots. the other day we went to a italian restaurant and including the waiters to cooks everybody was polish except the menu..."
to gorgeous bird" i hope we never get in to eu cause there is nothign good in it for us as we dont like to be told how our babanas should be ,controlled by brussels which has no knowledge of our own culture and rules...and you already have enough polish , indian and pakis in your country so you would not want turkish coming there too..other wise your little island would sink..

come on falks is it only me thinking like this?is all of you happy with where britain is going to?

Offline Old Daffodil

Do'nt blame you.....
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2010, 16:09:15 PM »
I certainly do not want anyone interfering with MY babanas!!!:D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf