Author Topic: Snow update Scotland  (Read 939 times)

Offline valleyboy

Snow update Scotland
« on: March 04, 2010, 10:50:15 AM »
Wondering if some of our "Celtic Cousins" could possibly update us on the snow conditions in Scotland at the moment ?.

Myself and the "Queen" are travelling up next Monday (8th March) on a 5 day coach trip. We are staying in a place called Aberfoyle and visiting Edinburgh, Loch Lomond and the Trossachs.

Looking forward to it immensely but a bit concerned about the weather looking at reports.

P.S. Any other local information would be appreciated, and will I need to wear an extra pair of underpants if the cold winds blow round the Trossachs ??

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Snow update Scotland
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2010, 11:53:16 AM »
Weather over on the East Coast where we live is much better, no snow nice sunny days, but very cold at night.   There is still snow inland on high ground and the usual roads are closed, all in the Grampian area. I think where you are going should be fine.  This is a good website to look at for where the roads are closed through snow.  http://www.trafficscotland.org/weather/list.aspx
I think it has been really cold overnight all over the U.K. so you will not feel any difference in temperature up here in God's country.
Have a nice trip ;)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 11:55:40 AM by Jacqui Harvey »

Offline valleyboy

Snow update Scotland
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2010, 12:05:03 PM »
Thanks Jacqui - Very much appreciated.

Tony & Kay

Offline heather07

• Perth, UK
  • Prolific Member
Snow update Scotland
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2010, 16:32:03 PM »
I am in Perth and all roads are clear.  The snow is still deep on higher ground but I don't think it will stop you doing anything.

I would just buy a good pair of long johns ;)

Enjoy your trip

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf