Author Topic: Strathpeffer  (Read 971 times)

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
  • Every day's a day for dancing
Strathpeffer
« on: November 21, 2010, 17:49:29 PM »
Hi Highlander, what is there to do as we have a chance of a 3 day trip soon. Anyne else stayed there?
:D

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Strathpeffer
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2010, 19:30:06 PM »
Toky - to be honest I didn't think that Strathpeffer was open at this time of the year. ;).

I'm assuming you are travelling by car rather than coach.

As you probably know, Strathpeffer is a Victorian Spa village. My best description would be sleepy, but it is very nice.

Not much in Strathpeffer itself other that the Highland Museum of Childhood. The refurbished Spa Pavilion has a number of evening events which you will be able to find on the internet.

Inverness, the Highland Capital, is less than 20 miles away and you might want to consider a boat trip down Loch Ness.

Dornoch with it's beautiful cathedral and wonderful beach is worth a visit.

If you're into dolphins, Chanonry Point at Cromarty is about 25 minutes away.

There are a number of distilleries within easy reach of Strathpeffer and you might fancy a trip around one of those.

I'm not the outdoor type, but I'm sure there must be some nice walks closeby.

The Falls of Shin Visitor Centre (The Harrods of the North) is about an hour away.

If you want to go further afield, the beautiful Isle of Skye is about 90 minutes away.

Hope that is of some help. If there is anything specific you would like to find out about just drop me an email.

PS The forecast for next week is very cold.

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
Strathpeffer
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2010, 02:26:41 AM »
Toky, I must agree with H. beautiful place all year round, quite a bit to do in summer months, but I spent a week there one day in the winter!!(Think about it)!! I daresay that you WILL find something to please around and about, just kick back & enjoy!! Take yer snow-chains!! [:o)]:D: :) ;)
Gordy.

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
  • Every day's a day for dancing
Strathpeffer
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2010, 08:28:24 AM »
Ha ha ha. Caledonian travel is doing a 3 day half board trip with a 3 hour free bar nightly for £62!!!! I've got some time off work and thought for this money, it was worth considering. Not sure about coach trips though. Its a very different kind of break for me.
:D

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
Strathpeffer
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2010, 16:07:33 PM »
They don't pick up passengers from the Southampton area, do they, Toky.? £62.00??Fill yer boots!! :P:P
Gordy.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf