Author Topic: The War You Don't See  (Read 924 times)

Offline valleyboy

The War You Don't See
« on: December 15, 2010, 00:39:02 AM »
Impressed though somewhat disturbed by John Pilgers documentary screened tonight on ITV "The War You Don't See" It just goes to show the level of deception and illusion that we the general public are fed, often to justify the slaughter of innocent civilians, if you get the chance watch the first 30 seconds of the programme, it'll open your eyes !, if you are more interested watch the whole thing, it will make you cry !!!! :(

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
The War You Don't See
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2010, 17:25:01 PM »
Missed it valleyboy, despite being determined not to:(.

John Pilger is a fine investigative journalist.

Must try and catch it.

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
The War You Don't See
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2010, 17:47:43 PM »
Me too. I have checked out the opening sequence and will wait until I'm feeling up to some grim stuff before watching the rest.

Offline valleyboy

The War You Don't See
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2010, 23:54:57 PM »
Found it particularly sickening when the American Commander (and I use that title reluctantly!), was monitoring the "menacing" gang of civilians (including children) on the screen of the Apache helicopter a mile away, he then gave the order to fire at them, using a weapon system normally used when engaging 60 ton tanks !, the result as Colwyn states is grim to say the least.:-\ What added to the carnage was as he watched them on the screen he yelled (to the "murderer" firing) "light 'em up !!!

I like a lot of other people was left speechless and saddened. But as the programme went on the facts that this fine investigative journalist was uncovering from all the major conflicts since WW1 left me dumbstruck !!:-\

Offline scot

• Ayr, Scotland, UK
The War You Don't See
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2010, 00:31:25 AM »
Ditto.

Bruce

Offline buddy

The War You Don't See
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2010, 00:44:03 AM »
One of those moments in my live that will stick in my memory, till my dying day, is the sight of that small terified 7/8 y.o girl being herded out of her home behind her parents and sibling by shouting and screaming American soldiers. The trembling lips of an bewildered innocent child eventually breaking down in tears, not knowing what she had done and what was going to happen. I understand the difficulty in fighting against unidentifyable terrorists, but this was totally un-neccessary and unacceptable.

Offline peecee

The War You Don't See
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2010, 09:16:18 AM »
Watched it last night and was sickened, but somehow not surprised, at what I saw.
IMO Bush and Blair should be tried for war crimes (no doubt will get Special Branch knocking on my door now).  They lied right from the beginning but I think most of us realised they were lying.
Can't help but feel that it is the Americans who are the terrorists in this world.
I thought the slant on the Israelies(?) and the fact that journalists are scared of what to say was also quite interesting.
Would also add that I think everyone over the age of 15 should watch this.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 09:17:26 AM by peecee »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf