Author Topic: help or advice needed please  (Read 1694 times)

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
help or advice needed please
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2010, 16:56:30 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Ovacikpeedoff

My advice would be to fully exploit the internal company procedures before heading off to external bodies. If the company has a union and your partner is a member that is where I would start. If there is no union go and speak to whoever is responsible for Human Resources. There could even be a clause in the contract of employment that states that internal procedures must be exhausted before bringing in an outside body. Where I worked our contracts did have such a clause.I am fairly confident that this is the initial advice that the CAB or ACAS would give you.

Remember we are in very tough economic climate and good jobs are hard to come by. Even so this spould not be a reason to treat anyone unfairly.

Its nice to know legally where you stand though before you start. I would not suggest going in all guns blazing. Find out the facts. If legally the Company are entitled to do what they have there is little point in persuing it. If legally they can't then ask for a meeting with HR.

Offline xxbilleigh-joxx

help or advice needed please
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2010, 20:06:03 PM »
I thought i'd look into it first otherwise he's got nothing to go on but my hunch that it's not right. i could well be wrong and he might not be able to claim the holidays back, if this is the case then i won't persue it. i don't want to try and get what he's not entitled to, that would be silly [:o)]

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf