Author Topic: Laser Eye Treatment  (Read 830 times)

Offline valleyboy

Laser Eye Treatment
« on: February 22, 2011, 10:09:32 AM »
I would welcome any feedback from anyone who has undergone this procedure.

My daughter in law has just had this done and was so pleased with the outcome it inspired me to have a free consultation.

My daughter in law had a basic treatment and cost wise this was very reasonable and as I stated she is very happy with the result. For me however the result of the consultation was bitter sweet. I am slightly short sighted and need to take my glasses off to read, if I were to have the treatment (@ £795 per eye !!) my distance vision would be better but I'd need to use a cheap pair of reading glasses (a £2 poundsaver pair).I guess it's just a game of weighing up the percentages !.There is also an option to do 1 eye apparently as a bit of a compromise, which I think is just their way of getting some money out of me (being a little cynical !).

After discussing it with other friends the general view seems to be that there is not enough long term research into it, and basically to leave well alone. Was hoping to get some feedback from a wider forum before I make a decision.

Thanks in anticipation.

Tony  8)

Offline johnboy1967

Laser Eye Treatment
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 12:33:07 PM »
Hi there. I had laser treatment 2 and a half years ago. because of a stroke at a young age i have an eye defect in my right eye. The doctors tested my eyes and it turned out that my left eye is dominant so i had just the one done. . . I can now read 2 lines below the line for 20.20 vision. I do have to make sure i keep the eye clean as it can sometimes be a bit dry but apart from that i am Really happy. . . And 795 is alot i paid 395 at optimax . . .

Offline valleyboy

Laser Eye Treatment
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 13:22:01 PM »
Thanks for the info. Johnboy, glad to hear it's worked out for you, yes the basic procedure is 395 per eye with optical express, but apparently because of my age and the "shape of my eyeball", they want me to have the more expensive procedure ?, well they would I guess (cynicism again sorry).  8)

Offline johnboy1967

Laser Eye Treatment
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2011, 14:28:28 PM »
i was just in my 40's, but i also had an odd shaped eye( having to use toric contact lenses) and this is fixed at the same time.....

Offline littlereddevil

Laser Eye Treatment
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2011, 16:06:00 PM »
My daughter had hers done around 12 years ago I think and has had no problems. She was shortsighted and also had astigmatism. She was only in her 20's. Another friend had hers done when she was 50 and is pleased but has to wear reading glasses and has a slight problem with dry eyes.
Mind you I have suffered dry eyes for years and never had anything done so who knows if that was the cause.

Offline thekeyclan

Laser Eye Treatment
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2011, 18:03:07 PM »
I was 53 when I had the laser treatment you refer too which was just over 2 years ago. I am delighted with the result, yes, I have to wear 'cheapo' reading glasses in poor light now, but the benefits outway the negatives massively. I have never had dry eyes and stopped using the drops they provided after 24 hours!!
I was reccomended to have the more expensive procedure (just like you), they said this would reduce the very small chance of problems by half, so I decided to pay the exra.
I would reccomend anyone in a similar position to have it done, but maybe this has a lot to do with the fact that I have had no problems to date.

Offline valleyboy

Laser Eye Treatment
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2011, 21:09:44 PM »
Thanks all very much, it all sounds very positive !

Offline littlereddevil

Laser Eye Treatment
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2011, 12:43:08 PM »
As well as my daughter who was the first person I knew to have it done I have since known quite a few people to have it done and quite honestly never heard anything bad.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf