Author Topic: Stoke City..  (Read 809 times)

Offline BernieTeyze

Stoke City..
« on: May 13, 2011, 19:52:55 PM »

Just wanted to say Good Luck to Stoke City for tommorow's FA cup final against Manchester City.

There will be no peace in our house if they don't lift that cup..
Slik is like a little kid on Christmas Eve,he is one of the lucky ones and has a ticket. He has been supporting them since he was knee high so it's a huge event for him..bless!

I,ll predict 2-1 to Stoke..:D:D:D

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Stoke City..
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2011, 19:57:05 PM »
Same from me, all the best to Stoke, the team I loved as a kid. Keep Man City's wait for a trophy going :D

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
Stoke City..
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2011, 20:05:39 PM »
Good luck to both teams tomorrow afternoon.  I hope we get a great cup final, that helps re-assert the FA Cup Final to being the premier football event of the year for all football fans.  It has struggled a bit in recent years after the overload of football on TV, and it's not been helped this year by being brought forward to avoid a 'clash' with the CL Final, and the FA/Premiership couldn't even give it the good grace of being the only football game played on that day.

I am sure we can all recollect Cup Final days of the past, special colour editions of newspapers, build up to the final all through the week, Granstand and World of Sport starting at 11am to give you the fullest coverage, going round to lucky neighbours to watch the final on their big tellies or in later years COLOUR tellies, a chorus of Abide with me by all the crowd - without the aid of some celebrity singer armed with a microphone:-\

So tomorrow good luck to Stoke and City, but best of luck to all football fans best friend .. THE cup final

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Stoke City..
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2011, 20:17:03 PM »
Well said UBT, I think also the FA Cup has lacked a decent David v Goliath style final where David actually had a chance of winning it (sorry Millwall fans) - it has in recent times been either a dull slog between two heavyweights or a foregone conclusion which also failed to raise the standard higher than dull. The last epic paring I recall must be the West Ham v Liverpool final - what a treat that was, not least for the neutral.

Your recollections of the final remind me of that other competition - the League Cup. When people question what Sky has done for football, I always think of the days when the League Cup final wasn't even televised, and some years not even broadcast on the radio. It kicked off at 3pm and you had to wait for the half time report on Grandstand to find out what had happened in the first half, no pictures - just the score and a photo of the reporter - then wait till final score for the rest :D

Offline BernieTeyze

Stoke City..
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2011, 08:19:31 AM »
Txt of a Man utd supporter to slik..

UEFA are worried about the state of the pitch for the champions league final, so the F.A. are going to put £200 million pounds of sh*t on it this Saturday..

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf