Author Topic: Best Days???  (Read 678 times)

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
Best Days???
« on: July 30, 2011, 11:58:51 AM »
Yesterday I met up with my oldest friend, who I don't see nearly often enough. As it was likely to be our last meet before my move to Calis, we decided to do something a bit special.

Part of the school, where we first met, more years ago than either of us care to remember, has been turned into an Italian restaurant, so it seemed fitting to have lunch there.

What we weren't prepared for was that there is memorabilia from the school all over the place, including, aptly, the school photo from our first year, in the bar, but we remembered as being the Head's study  :o There was a lot of other stuff, clearly once owned by other girls at the school at the same time as ourselves, hats, exercise books etc etc. We ate in what had been the school refectory, overlooking the once playground come netball court. I admit I did half expect to be asked to go to the hatch to collect our food as in days of yore :P

Obviously, this started the conversation, as to whether those were the best days of our lives. The consensus was that whilst they certainly were very happy, carefree days & gave us a lifelong friendship that has weathered many difficult times for both of us, we were as happy now as then.

This got me thinking what do other folk believe

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf