Author Topic: Tottenham Riots  (Read 5252 times)

Offline keng38

• Never do today what you can put off till tomorrow
Tottenham Riots
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2011, 23:03:00 PM »
The problem as I see it is the police are too scared to act.
By scared I mean able to be sued. If an officer is attacked and retaliates he gets sued (loses job).
If a team of officers act, the person in charge gets sued (loses job)
If the division is made accounatble the chief gets sued (loses job)

the scum have too many rights now and until the government get tough (which they never will) they will always keep doing this and hide behind social issues.

If you was a police officer would you put yourself in a position to get fired? of course not.
thats why they let them run riot, film it and arrest later. no-one gets blamed then other than the rioters.

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
Tottenham Riots
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2011, 00:50:06 AM »
Having seen the escalation and the latest situation I would like to withdraw the water canon and shoot the tw4ts [:(!][:(!]

Offline ceni

Tottenham Riots
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2011, 01:20:52 AM »
Bring in the army, I bet there's quite a few squaddies champing at the bit to see to these little twats!  Give the army the water cannons loaded with this smartwater stuff, we'd know who they are then days after......Rubber bullets, when they run out of them I hear that AAA batteries fit the guns too.

Those that have already been arrested won't be in the least bit worried as all that will be done is to pat them on the shoulder, tell em "there there"  and send em on a weeks holiday in spain, personally, I think they should all have their benefits stopped till the repairs are paid for, The smartwater will help to identify those giulty!

Mr Cameron can save himself the journey of coming back of his hols....he'll do f**k all to stop it anyway!

Offline screamlead

Tottenham Riots
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2011, 05:47:59 AM »
Think you mean the C3 batts ceni? and yes they do, very effective they are too. They should arrest the lot after spraying with this smart water then send them all to a closed down camp somewhere and keep them all there and grill em and drill em for a few months.
I wouldnt buy anything off fleabay for a few months either!.:D
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 05:49:10 AM by screamlead »

Offline Piscoe

Tottenham Riots
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2011, 12:02:24 PM »
The unfortunate fact is that our police have no effect on any of this or indeed any other criminal behaviour(and whatever excuse they try and give for their actions this is all it ever is)due to successive governments systematic removal of the penal system in this country.

Criminals apparently need to be understood and by all accounts putting them in jail doesn't work. The ultra soft alternatives that leave these criminals laughing at the law clearly aren't a viable option either.

Until these mindless criminals seriously start to believe there are serious consequences to their actions will we ever hope to reduce crime in this country. Oh and by the way, woe betide anyone caught having the impertinence to protect your own property. The law all of a sudden grows teeth and will want to make an example of you by locking you away.

Offline Diverbaz 1

Tottenham Riots
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2011, 13:41:30 PM »

They have cancelled the football, that will probably cause another riot.

Offline valleyboy

Tottenham Riots
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2011, 14:37:01 PM »
London, "Home of the Olympics 2012" :D; London "Home of the Riots 2011" :(

Offline Ovacikpeedoff

Tottenham Riots
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2011, 14:59:06 PM »
The police are in a no win situation here. They are seen as ineffective because they have stood back. If they went in heavy handed then we would have evry civil liberties organisation calling foul and bashing the police.

What I struggle to understand is how the authorities are working. A few weeks ago we had the wedding and police are everywhere and if you passed wind the police would have been on the case.Now peoples property is being allowed to be looted because there are not enough officers on the streets. It seems peoples lives and businesses are not as important as a wedding.

Last night they wrecked Ealing and I know the area where most of the damage was done and there is really nothing there but a few shops. All they wanted was the content of the shops.

I am probably going to be called racist but this thing about the black population being persecuted is now wearing thin. It is still not a reason to do what has been done over the past few nights.

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
Tottenham Riots
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2011, 15:48:30 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Ovacikpeedoff

The police are in a no win situation here. They are seen as ineffective because they have stood back. If they went in heavy handed then we would have evry civil liberties organisation calling foul and bashing the police.

What I struggle to understand is how the authorities are working. A few weeks ago we had the wedding and police are everywhere and if you passed wind the police would have been on the case.Now peoples property is being allowed to be looted because there are not enough officers on the streets. It seems peoples lives and businesses are not as important as a wedding.

Last night they wrecked Ealing and I know the area where most of the damage was done and there is really nothing there but a few shops. All they wanted was the content of the shops.

I am probably going to be called racist but this thing about the black population being persecuted is now wearing thin. It is still not a reason to do what has been done over the past few nights.

It is not fair to compare these events to the policing of the Royal wedding, that was planned months in advance, you can't allow for mindless thugs like these.
mark

Offline screamlead

Tottenham Riots
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2011, 15:48:58 PM »
http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/7337

Here you go vote with your keyboard - sites getting some hammer though.

Up to 10000 so far - gone up 1000 in a few mins.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 15:51:56 PM by screamlead »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf