Author Topic: Back from Tenerife  (Read 928 times)

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
  • Every day's a day for dancing
Back from Tenerife
« on: September 22, 2011, 22:23:13 PM »
That's a 3 word statement I'll never be saying again, coz I won't ever be going again, to then come back!!!!!
9 days of glorious weather, stayed in a wonderful apartment.......but Los Cristianos and Las Americas are a dump!!!
It's been 9 years since we've been and OMG, the Brits have taken over big time. Every place is either a sports bar, serving "English breakfasts, fish n chips or Sunday Roasts, or a karaoke bar copled with 3rd rate so called entertainers, doing cr4ppy Elvis or Tina Turner turns, all 20years out of date.
There's dog sh8t everywhere, yes everywhere, beer bellied, heavily tattooed bodies everywhere, and that's just the women! :-\
€15 for 2 sunbeds and a sunumbrella on the beach  :o  :o
€76 for a 5hr sail with a very poor lunch on board.

Well folks as you can guess I didn't enjoy my holiday! :(
I couldn't help making the comparisons with my past holidays in Calis Beach, and Greece before that. The value for money, the ambience, the quality of restaurants, the friendliness of people all came out tops for Calis Beach and on reflection, we should just have paid the inflated flight prices that Jet2 and T.Cook imposed when Aegean went bust.
Lesson learnt!!

« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 22:29:49 PM by Toky »

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Back from Tenerife
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2011, 22:54:02 PM »
The North of the Island seemed better when we were there, but I hated the South too.
Never mind Toky, you will be able to get an Easyjet Flight from Edinburgh next year and forget about Teneriffee (as Bet Lynch used to call it).
Have to say we really enjoyed our stay in Calis this month, did absolutely nothing except one trip to Kalkan.  Total bliss...See you next year Inshallah. ;)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 22:54:43 PM by Jacqui Harvey »

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
  • Every day's a day for dancing
Back from Tenerife
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2011, 23:26:17 PM »
Ah Jacqui, just rub it in ha ha. I've just read your posts about Easyjet and have booked 1st-15th May + luggage + card charge for the grand sum of £191 for the 2 of us. Thanks for the heads up on that one. Just need to check out your Next sale link for some new clothes too.
 :)

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
Back from Tenerife
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2011, 09:28:44 AM »
we went there once :(

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
Back from Tenerife
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2011, 09:55:46 AM »
Thats so sad to hear Toky, We used to really like tenerife and allways went to los christianos, but that was back in the 1990,s, we gave las americas a miss because we could see what it was becoming, and now they have joined up the beaches between americas and christianos it has obviously become another brits wee up paradise, sad that some people only go on holiday to sit in bars watch football matches and club it all night and sleep all day, never get out and about to see the history and culture of different countries, but i suppose the saying is everybody to their own.:(

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf