Author Topic: breaking news on Gadaffi  (Read 2440 times)

Offline mike A

• Prolific Member
breaking news on Gadaffi
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2011, 20:40:33 PM »
"And what is going to happen when this group of untrained, undisciplined fighters full of anger and bravado don't get what they think is their dues from their new government."

"Doubtless Gaddafi had a number of henchmen who are responsible for numerous atrocities. Are we to make allowances if these fighters line suspected Gaddafi supporters against a wall and execute them."

Like you H, I hope the rule of law applies in Libya from now on in, and a peaceful transition to their system of choice is attained. I also hope that those accused of war crimes and atrocities receive a fair trial but that is in the aftermath of victory, very different I think to the emotions those fighters were thinking as they dragged the rat out of the sewer.

Offline Gavos999

breaking news on Gadaffi
« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2011, 20:40:57 PM »
I know what you mean Heather but it was the same when Saddam was hung and same when bin laden caught and it will be the same for when the next evil dictator is caught ...

Errr not sure who that is though at this miment in time

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
breaking news on Gadaffi
« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2011, 20:44:07 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by heather07

While I couldn't care less what happened to him or by whom,  I am sickened by the pictures of a dead man all over the newspapers.  
Do we really need this kind of journalism??

Yes, that I agree with - and film of a bloodied, barely alive (then later dead) human being paraded by opposition fighters on daytime/early evening British television? The need for that was..?

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
breaking news on Gadaffi
« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2011, 11:32:00 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Highlander

Des - you don't mean to tell us that you do not believe that Gaddafi was responsible for some horrific atrocities, surely :o :o :o

No i dont mean that John, just saying there is a difference between allegations and facts.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
breaking news on Gadaffi
« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2011, 11:50:07 AM »
Well Des, it is a fact that Gaddafi helped the IRA murder countless people by supplying them with millions of pounds worth of arms. Anyone else care to add any Gaddafi facts?

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
breaking news on Gadaffi
« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2011, 14:03:45 PM »
Yes Keith, i agree that is a fact, not meaning to get off the topic too much but i recall reading somewhere the U.S.A also supplied arms to the I.R.A. but cant remember any past president being dragged from a sewer and shot as gaddafi was and displayed in the shocking manner he was.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
breaking news on Gadaffi
« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2011, 15:03:49 PM »
The US has called on Libya's new authorities to give a full account of Col Gaddafi's death in an "open and transparent manner".

As they did with Bin Laden's. :o

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf