Author Topic: Non posting members  (Read 2867 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Non posting members
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2012, 17:30:14 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Marggie

How does one check if they originally selected to not show in "Active Users"[?]

All new members show in Active Users - all have the option in their profile not to - Show on
Active Users: Yes/No   

Offline thebillet

Non posting members
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2012, 18:05:34 PM »
Will there be a test on this later, if so I need to concentrate a bit more on some of the posts above. (Anon)

Offline Marggie

Non posting members
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2012, 18:22:06 PM »
quote:

All new members show in Active Users - all have the option in their profile not to - Show on
Active Users: Yes/No   

Thanks - sorted.

Offline steveb1

Non posting members
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2012, 22:44:36 PM »
i am the same as harmless

Offline julesbob0303

Non posting members
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2012, 23:41:20 PM »
I fall into one of two categories:-

- sometimes I'm a guest (a member who hasn't bothered to log in, for whatever reason but just wants a quick nosey round!)   :)

- sometimes I'm one of the "less chatty" Active Users! (logged in, but not saying much!  :P )

« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 23:41:52 PM by julesbob0303 »

Offline turkey08

Non posting members
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2012, 15:33:57 PM »
Personally I think some people are afraid to post through fear of getting their head bitten off as is the case in the big forum i won't be naming, this one seems to be pretty cool and a lot of help.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Non posting members
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2012, 16:03:57 PM »
Good forums come mainly from good moderation - and that is irrespective of size too. We are fairly lucky that our subject isn't particularly controversial, and it is also something most are fond of - that helps. I have seen the worst of forums (and I've seen plenty) and would say that the two most shocking examples were one about 100 times smaller than this, and one about 100 times bigger. In both cases it seemed to be collections of packs of angry wolves, ripping each other to pieces - one supported by the admin (who joined in the attacks or even started them) and the other pretty much ignored by the admin/moderators. Having a differing opinion to the main gangs on either was a lethal mistake. I would struggle to hold my own so God only knows what it must be like for a first time forumer looking to find out what time the barber opens  ;)

You'll never please everyone, but I think we do fairly well here. We generally answer the question satisfactorily before taking the mick :D

Offline c1

• Northampton, UK
Non posting members
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2012, 16:42:23 PM »
also worth considering is the fact that "empty vessels make the most noise". whats the cheapest beer in town or are the mossies bad at the moment thread always appear like the passing of the seasons.

Offline waterdragon

Re: Non posting members
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2012, 07:37:19 AM »
When I 'join' a new forum I am reticent about giving too much info about myself. Fear of spam etc. But also in common probably with many others I try only to add to the 'cacophony' when I have something of interest to say! As for Keith's point about moderation it is a very good one. And he moderates the forum with just the right level of control. Well done Scunner.

Offline ColinT

• Portsmouth, UK
Re: Non posting members
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2012, 08:09:31 AM »
I don't post a lot, unless I've got something I want to shout about, but I really enjoy being amused and informed by all the prolific posters on here.

Its a bit like having our own Calis Beach Soap Opera!  Keep it up, you make me smile when I'm not on holiday   :)

Thanks to everyone for making it entertaining.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf