Author Topic: Any body has been in recruitment business in UK before? I need a CV  (Read 1180 times)

Offline ytokgoz

• www.propertyandturkey.com
well, as i have been in UK for some time now(1,5 years) i would like to develop my career opprtunities and enevtually better pay job and etc etc

in short i need a winning CV. can some one have a look at my current cv and help me to develop and write a winning one please?

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Re: Any body has been in recruitment business in UK before? I need a CV
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2012, 21:03:32 PM »
This from the Government website

Your CV should:

•be neat, typed if possible and to the best standard you can achieve in content and layout
•be short, two sides of a sheet of A4 paper is normally enough
•be positive, it should emphasise your achievements, strengths, successes and how you have contributed to your employers making a profit (add figures to support facts whenever you can and use positive action words, for example: ‘consulting’, ‘negotiating’, ‘managing’ and so on)
•make a good impression, this means presenting the facts about yourself in a clear and positive way

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
Any body has been in recruitment business in UK before? I need a CV
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2012, 22:16:46 PM »
I've worked in recruitment. Happy to have a look and try to help
Linda

Offline Daffodil

• Newly Registered
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2012, 18:23:31 PM »
I don't know if you have joined your local library in England but often there is help and advice there. People at our local library help to create a CV.It is free to join a library if you are not already a member and very useful for a variety of reasons.
A basic CV is Name,Address,mobile or landline telephone number,email address and summary of your education and resulting qualifications. A personal profile giving information about the type of work you have had experience in is useful and then underneath that details of employment giving the year you started and left.Spellchecking is a must.There are a number of books on offer in libraries which will give you examples to look at and may help you with ideas of what to include that you had not previously thought of. Good luck.
My Turkish is nowhere as good as your English but if you are competing in the workplace in England maybe some further education in written English would also help you,there is a lot of competition for employment.
Libraries also often have newspapers and magazines which advertise work and are free for anyone to read. In Chelmsford the library off Victoria Road / Market Street I believe. Or maybe you no longer work there.

« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 18:57:21 PM by Fabian »

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2012, 19:25:28 PM »
I've recruited several hundred people over the years. If you want me to have a look at it, send me a copy.

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2012, 19:48:51 PM »
Hi Ytokgoz,

I'm happy to offer my help also if needed?  Recently our HR department have stopped screening CV's before sending to me so I have first-hand experience of sifting through hundreds on occasions.  :'(   
It certainly pushed me into refreshing my own to ensure the relevant info was shouting out!

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2012, 20:42:09 PM »
Hi  happy to help.  I'm Head of HR for an independent accountancy firm in East of England and sieve through hundreds of cvs !  and support 'exiting' members of staff to draft their cvs.  If you would like to send me a draft, I'd happily look through and give you pointers.  I seem to remember you are in Chelmsford area ?  I have a few recruitment contacts in that area, what sort of role are you looking for ??

Offline Daffodil

• Newly Registered
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2012, 21:26:03 PM »
If you look on www.toplanguagejobs.co.uk companies such as Teletech and Concentrix are looking for Turkish=English speaking people on their customer support lines.

Offline ytokgoz

• www.propertyandturkey.com
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2012, 23:09:37 PM »
hello and thank you for your kind replies. could you please send me an email so i can reply with my current CV. my email address is yusuf6161@hotmail.com
thank you

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf