Author Topic: I had to share it  (Read 4881 times)

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
Re: I had to share it
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2013, 07:44:47 AM »
very interesting post Linda and also Colwyn's  :) my husband is a manager of a company that employs a lot of Polish people and he actually says they are far harder working then the Brits dont moan and just get on with the job, of course I am not saying this applys to all British people I myself do two jobs which equates to a 10 hour day, but I do this so we can have our trips to Turkey and not have to rent out our little place in the sun...the people that should be clamped down on are the ones that come over to uk purely to get given a house and benefits but maybe with the new benefit laws that are coming into place maybe eventually this will be a thing of the past.......

Offline SuzzPuss

« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2013, 12:17:45 PM »
Ytokgoz, I’m interested to know what you would do if you were made redundant today?  I’m guessing your spoken English is pretty good because your written English isn’t too bad so it’s just possible you’d get a new job in a few weeks if you tried hard.  But let’s say you didn’t get another job quickly.  You’d have only a few options available to you that I can think of.  Perhaps you’d ask your wife to move to Turkey with you so that you both could look for work there.  But what if you can’t afford to do that because of your lack of income? Or perhaps you don’t have anyone there anymore that you could stay with while you looked for work.  Do you have kids in school here that might not be able to leave as quickly as you would like?  Would you then ask your wife to get an extra job to help pay the bills and mortgage until you find work?  If she can’t find work either would you hand your keys over to the mortgage company and explain why you can’t pay the mortgage anymore?  Or, just maybe, would you go on benefits while you search?  Because it’s people in your situation, honest workers living here legitimately, that we’re talking about here.  You have to have worked in UK for a year to qualify for benefits.  These are people who were working and have fallen on harder times.  It’s not illegal immigrants.  They don’t qualify for benefits because legally they don’t exist.  It’s not asylum seekers because they’re put in very basic accommodation and live on £35 a week until their case has been proven and then they’re either sent home or sent out to work.  My guess is that you’d take the benefits and look for work as any other UK other resident is entitled to.

Offline ytokgoz

• www.propertyandturkey.com
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2013, 13:24:56 PM »
i dont have problem with decent people with benefits, that is the benefits for , my problem is people likes cheating the system.
for example
when i first came to uk i worked in travel lodge in chelmsford and at the hotel we had couple of families staying all the time, been there over a year. and council is paying for their accommodation. if you book travel lodge in advance it is 19 pounds, if you book last minutes it is about 60 pounds etc. and you know what chelmsford council was enjoying paying the full price all the time. what a waste of money.

many people i met but would not see again here , they all own businesses and earn lots of money cash, but they stay at council houses, bigger than mine, get all the benefits to the maximum. this is what i have problem with.

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2013, 14:57:28 PM »
Wasnt the guy with a hook for a hand an asylum seeker, dont recall his accomadation basic, few hundred thousand i beleive, also dont remember him been sent out to work either.  ;).

Offline SuzzPuss

« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2013, 15:31:58 PM »
If you’re talking about Abu Hamza he’s hardly typical.  He claimed asylum from being extradited to the US for being an al-Quaeda supporter.  He was arrested for terrorism here too and in jail for years.  He’s in America now.  I’ve looked it up and he had been living in a £220k house in Greenford (try finding one in Greenford that costs less) that he said belonged to his sister.  The judge eventually decided that he was lying about the house and about not having money and ordered him to pay all the court costs back.  He probably did cost us money in other ways but as I said, he’s not exactly typical.  Asylum seekers are people seeking protection from us because they believe their lives to be in danger in their own countries.  Each case is looked into individually and if they are found to be in danger at home then they’re granted asylum and are free to go and find jobs.  If they aren’t granted asylum they’re sent home.  Surely we aren’t now saying that genuine asylum seekers should be sent home to face the music regardless are we?

Offline ronzeus

« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2013, 15:55:43 PM »
Poor old Yusef,sticks up for the hard workers ,slates off the shirkers and gets pillored by the comrades ,keep the red flag flying lads as we slowly sink.  :-[

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2013, 17:46:31 PM »
the comrades ,keep the red flag flying lads
Poor Ronzeus, can't tell his "lads" from his "lasses". Perhaps his brain is worn out trying to qualify on the Scottishness quiz.

Offline SuzzPuss

« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2013, 19:19:31 PM »
So there are only 2 types of people then.  Daily Mail reading people who believe that all foreigners must be cheating the system and communists.  Interesting.  I like to think I'm somewhere in between.

Offline ronzeus

« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2013, 19:28:31 PM »
Sorry brother Colwyn,i did say i am a disgrace to Scotland.  ;D

Offline Gorgeous_bird

• Prolific Member
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2013, 06:43:35 AM »
i dont have problem with decent people with benefits, that is the benefits for , my problem is people likes cheating the system.
for example
when i first came to uk i worked in travel lodge in chelmsford and at the hotel we had couple of families staying all the time, been there over a year. and council is paying for their accommodation. if you book travel lodge in advance it is 19 pounds, if you book last minutes it is about 60 pounds etc. and you know what chelmsford council was enjoying paying the full price all the time. what a waste of money.

many people i met but would not see again here , they all own businesses and earn lots of money cash, but they stay at council houses, bigger than mine, get all the benefits to the maximum. this is what i have problem with.

Surely the question is how to tell the ytokgoz's of the world and the scammers. In other words, the hard working individual who has come to the UK to make a living - contributing to the system by paying tax etc who through no fault of his own falls on hard times and requires the support of the British benefit system vs the person (wherever they are from) who has no intention of contributing and only taking. So with this in mind what do you propose the government do to ensure that th system isin place for those that need and not for those who want ?????

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf