Author Topic: Your first trip overseas  (Read 3827 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Your first trip overseas
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2013, 15:40:06 PM »
Ipsos Badge  :)

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2013, 16:02:09 PM »
I was 14 and went on a 2 week camping holiday with my school to St. Tropez. It was a few years before it became famous, and very expensive.

Offline marina

« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2013, 18:00:24 PM »
1971 - Malgrat de Mar.  Also with Clarksons,  cost £50 each for a two week package holiday.  Took £50 to spend, had a fantastic time.  First time we'd experienced Bacardi and Coke in tumblers  ;D

Offline Gary-O

« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2013, 18:07:06 PM »
I think i was about 10 and went with my parents to Calella, the thing i remember most was going for a walk one afternoon and my mum (God bless her) commenting on how nice the flowers were on the ledges in the wall, on closer inspection there were also photographs and it turned out to be the local cemetary. I don't think i ever saw her move as fast as she did that afternoon   :)

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
Your first trip overseas
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2013, 20:29:34 PM »
My grandparents took me to Dieppe for the day as a well done for passing my 11+
I was so excited, I remember they let me be the first one to step onto foreign soil off the ferry.
And we saw a real chateau and everything!

Offline 160606

« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2013, 20:44:36 PM »
My first trip abroad was to Ireland with a church group, we stayed just outside of Dublin at a convent.  I was 11 and you really had to be 13 to go but the person organising it said because I was tall I was able to go as I looked 13.  I had £1.50 spending money and spent it all in the one shop on the first day buying presents to bring home.  Later in the holiday other girls were buying chips for their suppers, as I didn't have any money, two sisters, the Fulton sisters bought mine for me.  We were friends for a long time after that and I never ever forgot their generosity,  I would have been the only one without if they hadn't. 

Offline amanda bullock

« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2013, 21:25:53 PM »
mine was Lloret de Mar by coach> horrendous! "Zoom" i think by fat larry s band was the holiday song.They sold some sort of kebab meat on sticks off the street vendors(I hate to think what it was) tasted good at the time though   :)

Offline ColinT

• Portsmouth, UK
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2013, 21:46:40 PM »
First lads holiday, Lloret de Mar at Hotel Don Juan in June 1983.  I still have the brochure, it was £116 for 2 weeks FULL BOARD from LGW.  I seem to remember every day evening meal was hake and chips.  Drink of memory was cherry brandy, song of holiday was Baby Jane by Rod Stewart.  Simple times, but we all had a great time and good memories.  One of our group even got a wife out of it, divorced now though!

I dragged Alison to Lloret a few years ago, I bored her senseless with my memories in Rob Roy bar which surprisingly was till there.

Offline valleyboy

« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2013, 22:22:32 PM »
Gosh, Spain was really popular !   :)

Offline heather07

• Perth, UK
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2013, 22:37:15 PM »
I was terrified at the thought of flying so I was a late starter and only went abroad for the first time in 1999.
First trip was to Alvor in the Algarve and I loved it once I got there.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf