Author Topic: Keystone cops  (Read 1157 times)

Offline badger

• One of Scunner's best mates
Keystone cops
« on: November 14, 2013, 20:19:58 PM »
Article in tonights London Standard about Metropolitan police officers blowing £300,000 of taxpayers money (on repairs) in 4 years by pumping the wrong type of fuel into patrol cars,in the past year alone 138 cars were miss-fuelled.  >:(
 OK mistakes happen,but maybe if the cars were their own they would take more care

Bring back Z cars   :)

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Re: Keystone cops
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2013, 20:26:41 PM »
Did you see at least six of them going into a house to search for a stolen Blue Card Badge. :(

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2013, 07:38:22 AM »
if the fuel knozzles on the pumps and filler caps on the cars were different shapes this couldn't happen

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2013, 07:58:27 AM »
There are various gadgets on the market to prevent mis-fuels. One particular force spent over two hundred thousand pounds on a system and STILL their officers managed to mis-fuel over 50 times last year.

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2013, 11:15:39 AM »
Did you see at least six of them going into a house to search for a stolen Blue Card Badge. :(
Funnily enough H I did see that TV programme, and that was my thoughts as well, plus what are they putting on anti-stab jackets for??

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2013, 11:18:06 AM »
Lost all faith in the Police years ago.  My shop was broken into.  Police came three hours later, told me they could not do fingerprinting as the guy that did it was on holiday.  Also told me all my stuff would be down in London.  I actually solved the case myself.  Found some of my stuff a few miles away in another shop.  Twenty five different police had been assigned to my case one after the other.  When I found some items the policewoman in charge at that time could not go to the other shop because she was at the Turriff Show.  Took her a week to get there.
Eventually, the thief, a woman, was caught, got probation and I was told I could not get my stuff back for 3 weeks in case she claimed it.
I put in an official complaint through my local Councillor.  The assistant Chief of Police came to my home to express his apologies.   The police sergeant in charge of the case was demoted and sent to another Police Station in the country...His name Sergeant Pratt.   I am not making that up.

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2013, 11:35:30 AM »
This wouldn't have happened to Dixon of Dock Green.  The only fuel I ever saw was tea and buns to fuel the feet as they walked their beat.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf