Author Topic: Ukrainian Crisis  (Read 1024 times)

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
Ukrainian Crisis
« on: March 02, 2014, 08:22:12 AM »
Not too much of an overstatement to call this grim situation a crisis, like 9/11 or Cuban missiles, and there is a very worrying development with the recent step up by the Russians by sending in their troops.  Putin is playing his card smartly as the major aggressor, step by calculated step, to where, he will be in control of the situation as the one with force in place in where it matters.  Always thought he was an awful tyrant playing to the worst of Russian nationalism, without a care for any law, let alone international law.

And so with Turkey's strategic, military, and political importance in the region. I think we will see a change in international perspective of Turkish leadership.  Step forward Reg the Strong, as an international leader.  Just.the man we need as an ally to face down the Russian threat.  And with one bound all the comic characteristics of a fraudster, driving back democracy will be forgotten by both the Turkish and international audience.  And you watch Reg play to both those audiences praising himself and rebuking his enemies, both real and perceived.  I am sure they are going to call him Lucky Reg, cos some times that's all you need when things are going bad in politics... Just a little bit of luck.

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
Re: Ukrainian Crisis
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2014, 11:57:43 AM »
His first problem might be getting his army behind him.    (that's the ones not thrown in prison on trumped up charges). ?

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
Re: Ukrainian Crisis
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2014, 14:17:33 PM »
Just seen the interview with Putin where he says that they aren't really Russian soldiers there. They are activists that have been out and bought Russian uniforms because they are easily bought in all the shops there!!!!   worried? We should be.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf