Author Topic: Tablet Review  (Read 2821 times)

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
Re: Tablet Review
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2014, 19:00:28 PM »
Hold your horses bewva.!  Asda today announced the cheapest Tablet, made by Binatone,   £47-00.
Worth a look. ?
Excuse me, but my blue box has vanished like. !!

It is ok for kids, but even they would get bored after a while it is a tad slow, dual core processor,  Hudl 1.5GHz A9 Quad-core processor  9 hour battery life,  against 4 hours for the Binatone,
I find that the camera on the Hudl is not great but then I have  camera that I prefer to take photos or videos.  The Binatone has only 8GB expand, the Hudle is 16gb expanads to 48GB,

previously I have a Evo , that cost just over £125, very fast and some pretty good apps, internal and external keyboard, I use a rubber ended stylus for tapping out due to long nails and pudgy fingers.
if you just need it for travelling then don't pay huge sums just make sure it is fast enough.

Offline Hamlet

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2014, 19:03:37 PM »
An Evo! Isn't that a car for boy racers? ???

Offline tel

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2014, 20:32:43 PM »
Depending on your budget and the size of a Tab that you desire then do consider looking at the superb Google Nexus2 (2013 model) which is a 7"" Tab made for Google by Asus. Value for money, great specification, good looking, two cameras, very very lightweight and it slips comfortably in your hand and even your pocket.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2014, 20:41:55 PM »
Consider the Windows 8.1 HP Omni 10 - I'm a big Applie/iPad sheep fan but find it too inflexible on certain things. With a Windows 8.1 tab I can install apps and also the programs I use on my laptop. Apple mail is hopeless at dealing with spam mail for example, there's no solution. But on this I can use the same email program I use on pc/laptop.

Some pretty impressive reviews, connect large USB hard drives to it (so you can have films, music unlimited with you for long trips etc and available at HP direct for £249 delivered. I reckon it will wean me off Apple quite a bit.

http://store.hp.com/UKStore/Merch/Product.aspx?id=F4W57EA&opt=ABU&sel=PCNB

Offline WordBird

• What's the worst that could happen?
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2014, 21:23:44 PM »
I just got the new IPad Air.  Also got the metal keypad that goes with it.  So, when not in use the back of the keypad is magnetic and joins with the iPad and closes like a book.  It's very lightweight and easy to carry in a handbag.  It's also very easy to use with the keypad, just like a mini computer.  I really like it.

Wholeheartedly agree - got exactly the same from Mr WB for my birthday and I love it.
(Mind you, he had an ulterior motive - my laptop is slowly dying and he wants to make sure I can keep writing and bringing in the money when we move!  ;D : :) )

I'm learning to love life in the cloud - QuickOffice means I can still use Windows programs, Google Mail, Google Drive and Dropbox are great.....and it's so fast. I've also been working on it all day, using bluetooth for the keyboard, and there's still 40% battery life left.

I know they're expensive but I do love Apple products - my first choice every time.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2014, 11:16:53 AM »
Keith,

I use all my email accounts on the ipad. I don't use the apple (me) account at all.

I have hotmail, gmail and aol runnig all the time without any problems. You need to add them as accounts in your settings.

The Binatone gets a bad write up. You get what you pay for I guess. Poor screen quality and slow processor. Only one front camera which is useless for taking pictures evidently.

Offline Steve A

« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2014, 12:21:18 PM »
I've had a Google Nexus 7 for over a year now,never let me down and never use my PC or laptop now

Offline teetee

• Travel broadens your mind......and your waist!
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2014, 13:52:27 PM »
Slightly off topic but when I travel abroad I end up taking a laptop as the Ipad does not take a conventional mouse and I have to connect to my office server & PC via a viewer and using on an ipad to do this quite frankly painful at the least.

Can anyone suggest a device smaller than a standard laptop that you can use a mouse with?

Thanks in advance.

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2014, 15:45:06 PM »
Chromebook, very light with the conventional ~USB ports.  and still cheaper than and Ipad, Gordon refuses to carry it after I bought a nice pink carry shoulder case. I can't see a problem myself.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf