Author Topic: Want to send a parcel? Whatever you do, don't use Hermes  (Read 1821 times)

Offline villain

• The most unpopular poster in the village
Want to send a parcel? Whatever you do, don't use Hermes
« on: July 23, 2014, 12:55:36 PM »
Hermes define "left in a secure location" Webchat:

info: You are now connected with Andrew
Andrew: Hello, you're through to Andrew. How can I help you today?
Me: I sent a parcel via Hermes, tracking says "delivered to a secure location" but recipient is saying she hasn't received it.
Andrew: Good morning Dave
Andrew: Please may I take your e-mail address?
Me: Good morning
Me: xx@hotmail.com
Andrew: Thank you
Andrew: Can you give me a minute or two to look into this for you?
Me: OK
Andrew: Thank you
Andrew: The courier has stated this has been left over the back garden fence.
Andrew: Has the customer checked the outside of the property?
Me: I will inform her about this. There was no note left to this effect. Not acceptable, really. 1. "Over the fence" 2. No note.
Andrew: I do apologise but Hermes can deliver to secure locations if you do not request the signed for service upon booking
Me: If it's in a "secure location", then "in a secure location" description is fine. If it's "over the fence" then they should state "over the fence". "over the fence" does not equal "secure location" would you agree?
Andrew: If the parcel is in the back garden you could say that this is secure.
Andrew: I do apologise that they have not advised the customer of this via a calling card
Me: No it's "over the fence"
Me: There is NO WAY "over the fence" is "secure location", it's "over the fence". Totally unacceptable.
Andrew: I'm sorry that you feel this way Dave, but if the courier cannot access the garden then they would deem this is a secure location to leave the parcel
Me: Funny how the advertising doesn't mention this part of the service. Will never use again. bye.

Apparently, this is common practice. You have been warned.

Offline teetee

• Travel broadens your mind......and your waist!
Re: Want to send a parcel? Whatever you do, don't use Hermes
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2014, 13:12:58 PM »
Well Villain you should think your self lucky I had a UPS calling card to say that my package was IN my Next door neighbour, well they didn't walk properly for weeks   :)  :)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2014, 20:17:59 PM »
My dear old ma came back from holiday to find a note saying a parcel had been left in the wheelie bin. How nice, but not as nice as her thoughtful neighbour who had put her bin out for her, the day before she came home.

Offline AOK

• Plumstead, London, UK
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2014, 20:23:14 PM »
I had the same Scunner with Hermes.
They delivered a parcel while I was out and left a note saying it was in the wheelie bin ( On dustbin day) Needless to say the bin was empty when I came home!! >:(

Offline atinabay

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2014, 12:27:48 PM »
Myself and my wife are prolific web buyers. between us we average 4/5 parcels per month. Over the years I've had all the  mentioned problems.  Somehow we had never sent or received anything through DPD..  Until 3 months ago.  We get email the day before to say they are in possession of the parcel. Followed a few hours later to advise on delivery date (so far always next day)  Then on that morning, usually 2 hours before, they email and text to give a 1 hour slot for delivery and drivers name. Also a questionnaire  for me to provide an option for delivery if no one is in.    We only use them now and ask any suppliers to use them for us............ Utterly professional and on the ball.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2014, 13:11:34 PM »
Somehow we had never sent or received anything through DPD..
........ Utterly professional and on the ball.

Agree.  UK Mail use a similar system and with both, if the sender has your mobile number you get text alerts regarding delivery time also.

JF

Offline Marggie

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2014, 13:19:02 PM »
Interlink is another good one.  Text and eMail advising delivery date, then on the morning of delivery a further text and eMail giving a one hour delivery slot and should the time be inconvenient you can eMail them with alternative instructions......change delivery date, leave with neighbour or leave in front/rear porch.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf