Author Topic: What Band/Act Do You Now Regret Never Seeing?  (Read 10971 times)

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
Re: What Band/Act Do You Now Regret Never Seeing?
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2018, 11:38:37 AM »
Pink Floyd. In fairness I did see a few minutes of their concert at Earl's Court, in '94(?) Unfortunately, a section of seating collapsed & the concert was abandoned, & I wasn't able to go to the rescheduled date.

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2018, 19:19:13 PM »
The Rolling Stones... I managed to get tickets and then the tour was cancelled... Michael Jackson. The Who.. The Live aid concert and Dire straits live.... I bought the CD and it was a huge disappointment compared to their live show.... and recently I missed out on Sam Smith concerts because Barrie didnt want to go.. Am I bitter?? Yes...

Offline Ken Grubb

• Fethiye Fan
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2018, 21:50:25 PM »
Circa 1980, The Rolling Stones were set to perform at Capital Center in Washington DC. The tickets would go on sale, without notice, at any time. I was driving near Capital Center at around 2:00 AM, when the announcement came over the radio that tickets were now on sale, but only at the ticket kiosks at Capital Center. And at THAT VERY MOMENT.

I didn't have much money, but had enough for two tickets. I went there and bought two prime seats. The concert sold out quickly on the same day.

One of my friends LOVED the Rolling Stones, much more than I ever could. She lamented having lost the opportunity.

So I gave her the two tickets I had been so lucky to buy.

I missed the concert. And I wish I could have seen it. But I have always gotten more pleasure from having given her my tickets than I would have gotten from seeing it myself.

Offline Menthol

« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2018, 07:14:53 AM »
Reading Festival 1992  :(

Offline busybee

« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2018, 04:36:25 AM »
Saw loads at Knebworth, including Pink Floyd.(took 4hrs to get out of car park!!)  Biggest regret Queen....  Bob Dillon at Woodstock Isle of Wight, I was in the island and my boyfriend at the time wouldnt go  Worst, Wet Wet Wet, (I had a crush on Marti Pello), bloody awful, like a cardboard cutout.  My faves Rolling Stones 40 Licks Tour, Four Tops- back in the day, at the Albert Hall.

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2018, 13:03:34 PM »
I have been sent an email this week to see The Rolling Stones.. £160.  £400 for good seats.. Unfortunately we are in holiday when they come to Manchester.. Would I have paid that? Probably not now.. Last chance but how many years have people been saying that.. ?

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2018, 13:06:17 PM »
I won two tickets to see Tina Turner off a packet of cornflakes but we had a business to run in those days.. I sold them to a guy who drove a hundred miles to get the tickets from me.. He was so happy with the tickets and the performance that he drove another 100 miles the week after to thank me.. I really regret not going to see her. 

Offline marina

« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2018, 13:28:28 PM »
We saw Tina Turner a couple of times. First one at Manchester Apollo theatre with Bryan Adams, then at Don Valley Stadium. Briliant shows! 

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2018, 18:18:45 PM »
I sold them to a guy who drove a hundred miles to get the tickets from me.. He was so happy with the tickets and the performance that he drove another 100 miles the week after to thank me..

Are you sure he wasn’t one of The Proclaimers

Offline NIGCOUSKAZ

« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2018, 19:32:23 PM »
Saw queen at Wembley dire straits too but wished would have seen Bowie - saw Paul weller too misspent youth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf