Author Topic: Gemiler Beach Cafe - Rip Off !  (Read 7320 times)

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
Re: Gemiler Beach Cafe - Rip Off !
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2014, 13:42:22 PM »
Is it worth raising it with the mayor at the next meeting, explaining how long it's gone on for
and the effect it's having on the areas reputation. Perhaps even a petition. Perhaps a photo
or map pointing out the place to avoid.?

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2014, 17:43:29 PM »
This would be a terrible shame if the business on the left was affected by boycotting the beach... They are really nice people and have worked really hard.. My understanding is that they will be back....

Offline DonM

• Newly Registered
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2014, 17:56:18 PM »
It was fairly quiet at Gemiler this afternoon, a few cars all locals.

The left hand cafe is closed and all the furniture is stacked away but IMO it would not take long to get it up and running again. The gate is not manned so there is no charge at present for the car park.

There are another two small cafes open but not doing any business. I spoke to the ladies running one of them and they were not happy at the criticism I leveled at them. I explained about the bad press they were getting on facebook and the CBF. They did not deny that their prices high and a rip off. I also pointed out their displayed menu should show the prices. As somebody has already suggested why not get the mayor of Fethiye involved as he now has jurisdiction over Gemiler.

The Hisaronu dolmus is still on the winter schedule and only goes as far as Kenali which is just beyond Kaya. The Dolmus does go onto Gemiler in the high season but only 3/4 times a day.

I would suggest if you want to visit Gemiler which is well worth a visit go by car. Head for Kayakoy and just follow the signs.

DonM

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2014, 17:59:59 PM »
For those of you with stamina and a head for heights, it's well worth stopping off at Af Kule Monastery if you're going to Gemiler.

Offline PKHUGHES100

« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2014, 19:16:31 PM »
I visited the beach two weeks ago and the place on the left was open and to be fair, the guys serving were nice and polite and the prices were reasonable. I agree that the place needs to be cleaned up, the beach was messy and littered with rubbish etc, shame really as it is s a beautiful place. 8)

Kevin

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf