Author Topic: Shanghai Blues  (Read 2952 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Shanghai Blues
« on: October 30, 2016, 16:59:49 PM »
Went for lunch here (on the prom) with our friend Mustafa (Inspector on CBF). It was his choice, I doubt I would have gone as I have long believed you can't get Chinese or Indian food in Turkey that comes anywhere close to what we can get in the UK.

Well I was wrong - it was fantastic! We had a selection of dishes and tried a bit of everything, including the duck pancakes - all superb. I would highly recommend this place to everyone.

Offline marina

Re: Shanghai Blues
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2016, 17:03:13 PM »
Will have to try and remember this for next year Scunner.  We've always thought the same as you and avoided Chinese/Indian restaurants in Turkey and the odd time we've tried one it's been a bit of a disaster!

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2016, 18:16:20 PM »
The one in Baris Manco has a sign saying its closing and will be on the prom

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2016, 20:10:42 PM »
We have used the Baris Manco one, but the food really went off and was not good and we stopped using it. Last time we went in for a meal, they had no beer, no coffee and the service we terrible.  We got a carry out last year to give them one more try and it was awful, went in the bin.  However, perhaps the one on the prom is better, not tried it, because of our experience with the other one.
I would definitately give the Indian...The Calis Beach Restaurant the thumbs up, excellent Indian Food, Well presented, tastes so good and the service is second to none.  We love this restaurant.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf