Author Topic: Zoo pet shop  (Read 12773 times)

Offline Rindaloo

• Prolific Member
Zoo pet shop
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2011, 22:59:22 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by hubblebubble

The other very young parot was traumatised and would cry vey harshly and i think became ill but i have no idea what happened to it.
I think those three sad pets should be a warning to anyone returning home to please try and rehome your pets rather than put them in a pet store because frankly its heartbreaking how their lives were ruined.

Not sure if it's the same parrot but Birhan, at Lara Vet (by canal) has an African Grey that is clearly very upset when people get near it.  Birhan has put it up high (presumably to make it feel safer).  I feel so sorry for the poor thing and wonder how on earth it got so stressed.  I am NOT suggesting Birhan is responsible for it being in this state though.  I just wonder if it is the parrot that was in Zoo Pet Shop.

Offline Old Daffodil

Zoo pet shop
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2011, 23:07:31 PM »
I would not spend a single kurus at that shop!

I have known of two monkeys being rescued from these cages before. One constantly did back flips as it had been in the small cage for so long it was the only exercise it could manage in such a small space. Luckily they went to a kind owner who built them an outside cage and run and let them out for exercise.
I wonder if there is an attitude that these animals are bought because they know someone with a kind heart will pay up to release them. Good way of making money.

« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 23:12:40 PM by Daffodil »

Offline Julesp

Zoo pet shop
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2011, 23:16:50 PM »
Ive never seen a parrot in Zoo shop, I think all the pet shops here are similar though, just as Uk was 20 years ago. That said I got my gorgeous Erik dog from Fethiye Zoo Cost me 100 tl and has been worth every penny, they told me he was 6 weeks but when i took him my vet he reckoned only 4 weeks and too young, But hes 5 this year and healthy but very clingy. One reason I dont like to be away from home too long

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Zoo pet shop
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2011, 23:24:51 PM »
Perhaps if people stopped buying dogs and cats in this shop and other Pet Shops and got them from the Animal Santuary, it would save a lot of cruelty to animals by these shops, because no customers, no more animals in distress.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 08:14:34 AM by Jacqui Harvey »

Offline Julesp

Zoo pet shop
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2011, 23:55:08 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Jacqui Harvey

Perhaps if people stopped buying dogs in and cats in this shop and other Pet Shops and got them from the Animal Santuary, it would save a lot of cruelty to animals by these shops, because no customers, no more animals in distress.

I got Erik from Pet shop and my other lovely dog, Erni, i took from ex turks through vet
Ernie is also lovely with me and friends But I dont trust him not to bite cos that seems to be all he understands with strangers, for that reason it is not always easy to rehome a dog

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Zoo pet shop
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2011, 08:17:58 AM »
I think Tinx and his team will probably tell you a different story, as will all the members of this Forum who have re-homed dogs and cats from the Santuary.
I know I would take a pet from the Santuary rather than put money into the pockets of the Pet Shops snd help them perpetuate their miserable trade.

Offline terrie

Zoo pet shop
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2011, 18:50:26 PM »
Animal aid will be going to see about the monkey asap.
We did mention that people where becoming concerned about the monkeys welfare to a member of staff and said that we will have a chat with them and hopefully get all the facts in order and see what the best plan of action will be.
A A have been a bit under the weather this week, hopefully we will be able to update everybody soon.

Offline Eric

Zoo pet shop
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2011, 19:19:41 PM »

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Zoo pet shop
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2011, 19:44:25 PM »
I actually know the owners of Monkey World Eric, it is in Dorset ;)
I'm pretty certain they have had news of this monkey before but we will see what happens ;)

Offline hubblebubbles

Zoo pet shop
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2011, 06:48:56 AM »
As  my daughter has already said this monkey was not at all vicious when it was first taken to the shop a couple of years ago. I used to go in there just to see him and he would always come to the side of the cage to be stroked and was very friendly but gradually as he became frustrated at being constantly caged with no exercise and being teased by the children his nature has completely changed. Please can we help him in any way. perhaps Tinks if you could contact Monkey World again and they would agree to take him we could have a colection to help towards cost of purchasing and transporting him. He was such a lovely happy creature who had obviously been looked after by his previous owners who sadly had to return to UK and he deserves a much better life than he has now.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf