Author Topic: Coconut Oil  (Read 13536 times)

Offline echogirl1

• Newly Registered
Re: Coconut Oil
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2014, 19:22:47 PM »
If you want some brought over I can bring it but it wont be till the end of May regards Sheila

Offline Menthol

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2014, 19:53:44 PM »
I bought cold pressed coconut oil through Gittigidiyor last month. It is a 250 gr jar and costed 19.90 TL. Cargo was three or four lira.
I use it for oil pulling and results are amazing. I assume that the jar will last me several months so worth every penny. I'll try to find the suppliers link.

Edit: http://urun.gittigidiyor.com/gida-urunleri/balen-hindistan-cevizi-yagi-250-gr-106720183

Aaah, I read about mouth pulling and coconut oil very recently too. Intriguing. Dutchie, you said the results are amazing - would you care to share?

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2014, 20:18:23 PM »

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2014, 21:15:25 PM »
Taken from this article

http://www.dentistryiq.com/articles/2014/03/how-dental-professionals-can-respond-to-oil-pulling-patients.html

"There is no question that oil pulling lessens the bacterial load in the mouth. As we all know, the mouth is the gateway to the body. When you consider the fact that a clean mouth may have between 1,000 and 100,000 bacteria on each tooth, and those that do not have a clean mouth may have between 100 million and a billion bacteria on each tooth, surely oil pulling can’t hurt? I know the immune system would appreciate a little coconut oil as part of a regular routine. We all want to do what we can to function at the optimal level of health. So, why not oil pull as part of your daily routine? Other than taking a little extra time, what’s the downside? It’s certainly food for thought, pardon the pun!"

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2014, 21:52:45 PM »
Thank you for the offer Sheila and tonyb - I might try Dutchie's recommendation first but would be interested to know Dutchie if there is anything on the packet to indicate if it is organic or virgin and is it definitely unrefined. I can't see that information via the link you posted.

Is there much in the way of a coconut taste? Is it quite subtle?

I too would be interested to know what difference it has made   :)

Offline Dutchie

« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2014, 11:38:57 AM »
When I get home tonight, I'll check the label for you.
I had tried to order from another company first which claimed to have organic. That was 320 gram jar for 39 TL but they were out of stock.

I started doing it about a month ago. You should do it for about 20 minutes but the first days I was happy with 4 or 5 minutes.
You take a teaspoon of the oil and let it melt in your mouth. It has a strong coconut taste (and I don't like coconut so that was part of the problem in the beginning). The first seconds are horrible but after is has melted, it's not too bad. The coconut flavour also gets less after it has melted. You just move it around in your mouth for as long as possible.

After just a few days I noticed that my teeth had become more white. I used to have problems with my gums next to a certain tooth and that has cleared.

On the internet you can find a whole list of problems that it apparently cures but since I don't suffer with my health, I haven't noticed any difference. Just whiter teeth and no more infected gums.

I must admit that I haven't done it for the last week or so because it is a bit time consuming. I was doing it in the morning and since I've started working again, it was hard enough to get things organised in the morning without the oil pulling. The hardest part is not being able to answer my 4 year old when she's chatting away in the morning and asking loads of questions  :-X

By the way, I can do about 15 minutes at the moment and then I have to spit it out because of having too much saliva. If you do it less than 20 minutes, you should start again until you have reached it but I haven't bothered with that.

I definitely recommend it and will check the label tonight and let you know.

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2014, 12:15:13 PM »
Thanks Dutchie. I found this information on another site selling the same product - this is the translation.

Balen Hindistan Cevizi Yağı - "Coconut oil is produced by cold press method provides. Obtained by completely natural methods, Bale Coconut Oil for the skin, a great massage oil. It is an effective moisturizer for all skin types. Many antiseptic and antibacterial properties that occur in the skin rash, redness, and swelling of the reduction helps. Also psoriasis, dermatitis, eczema and other skin infections are beneficial in the treatment."

By the way if you buy this direct from the makers it is 59TL  :o

Offline Dutchie

« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2014, 13:44:48 PM »
Must be mega jar then  :o

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2014, 13:53:49 PM »

Offline Dutchie

« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2014, 15:38:14 PM »
What a price difference!

On the jar it says 100% natural cold press co**** oil.
On the Balen website it's listed under organic products.
You can't go very wrong for 24 TL.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf