Author Topic: Insurance  (Read 1351 times)

Offline BernieTeyze

Insurance
« on: August 22, 2022, 10:39:09 AM »
Hello all, hope everyone is safe and well and enjoying their British Summer.

Where is the best place to get travel  insurance over 60 with pre existing medical conditions.

Staysure seems to have gone off the boil.

Thanks

Offline michelle.derek

Re: Insurance
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2022, 17:32:19 PM »
Try avanti travel insurance, 0800 0147840. or do online

Offline badger

• One of Scunner's best mates
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2022, 08:13:44 AM »
We got quite a few quotes some extortionate but got a good deal with Tesco 😎
Mrs B

Offline hornedfrog

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2022, 08:54:56 AM »
Where is the best place to get travel  insurance over 60 with pre existing medical conditions.

Staysure seems to have gone off the boil.
Hi, Bernie. What's up with Staysure? I'm about to renew again in November for another 15mo and have had no issues at all over last 3 renewals...has something changed?
Dale

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2022, 20:51:26 PM »
You get Travel Insurance with the Premier Revolut Card. It costs £6.99 / month.

Offline hornedfrog

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2022, 09:59:41 AM »
You get Travel Insurance with the Premier Revolut Card. It costs £6.99 / month.
Hi, KKOB...good call on that...just checked my Metal card and travel insurance is free but Metal includes loads more benefits. I reckon if you're paying £6.99/mo for the insurance, it may be worth going to £13,99/mo to get all the rest (insurance for delays, devices, medical/dental, etc. plus lounge passes and more). I got Metal for the increased limit for cash withdrawals in TRY but didn't clock I was missing out on other freebies. Thanks for the heads-up.

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2022, 18:01:00 PM »
Hi thanks for response, had them for several years. I cancelled my policy, changed my mind, when I got back to them they  had increased the price. They  couldn't help with a discount. Left it. They kept sending emails, so I did another quite, got it a bit more reasonable.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2022, 11:38:52 AM »
it may be worth going to £13,99/mo to get all the rest (insurance for delays, devices, medical/dental, etc. plus lounge passes and more).

We've done most of this year's travelling but I'm thinking of changing up to a Metal account next year. Have you had any experience of booking the CIP/VIP Lounge at Dalaman through Revolut ? I see if it's booked direct with YDA at Dalaman it's 30Euros per person. Revolut premium is £20. Any idea how much with Metal ?

Offline hornedfrog

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2022, 08:49:27 AM »
it may be worth going to £13,99/mo to get all the rest (insurance for delays, devices, medical/dental, etc. plus lounge passes and more).

We've done most of this year's travelling but I'm thinking of changing up to a Metal account next year. Have you had any experience of booking the CIP/VIP Lounge at Dalaman through Revolut ? I see if it's booked direct with YDA at Dalaman it's 30Euros per person. Revolut premium is £20. Any idea how much with Metal ?

Good morning, KKOB.
It's the same; I got one free pass, then £20 for both the DLM and CIP lounges, so no further discount. Here's an article [https://payspacemagazine.com/fintech/revoluts-airport-lounges-feature-and-how-it-works/]. And don't forget that Premium and Metal both get the Priority Pass if your flight is delayed. Also, found a nice treat in the Metal cashback...it isn't much but will buy drinks in airport.

Metal is relatively expensive but I use it mostly for the higher monthly limit on cash withdrawals when I'm travelling. Turkey isn't normally too bad as a little still goes a long way, but we took the Rhodes ferry over in August and it was very helpful to have access to a fair amount of Euros, too. It seems that recently more outlets recognise Revolut, but (they say) can't accept it. I don't know if it's because it appears on some payment gateways as a credit card, rather than a preloaded debit card. I had the same issue in the USA...
Anyway, good luck with it.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2022, 12:34:07 PM »
I used my Revolut card all over Fethiye and Kaya without any problems when we were there in May. I think it just may be the economy's giving some of them an aversion to accept cards.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf