Author Topic: Manzara Construction Fethiye - When house builder gives you Bull----  (Read 63657 times)

Offline savoyboy

• Chiswick, London, UK
Re: Manzara Construction Fethiye - When house builder gives you Bull----
« Reply #290 on: August 31, 2014, 11:48:54 AM »
This week we have to pay electric company 2000 TL to have a new electric meter to get of builders electric
  So 4 Villa's  2000 TL each seems a lot for cable and road works
Has anyone else have any had to do this.
  I'm pretty sure this is another case of builder not wanting to finish a job.
   House behind us has just got habitation so I believe that this has to with that .
Which would I hope mean we will get habitation soon.

Offline littlereddevil

« Reply #291 on: August 31, 2014, 16:38:20 PM »
What a dreadful situation to be in. I sure feel for you. It's terrible Turkish law doesn't help you.

Offline maclarke1

« Reply #292 on: August 31, 2014, 18:17:07 PM »
We have an apartment on a Manzara complex, although I think we were lucky as they were completed and paperwork issued just before there problems started.

However, we have been on builders electric for 3 years since completion, due I believe, to the fact that Manzara never paid the electricians and they managed to put some sort of stop on changing electric over.

Recently when the roads were being renovated, as a complex (and because some sort of deal had been done so we could change electric) we all decided to get all the cables laid (the old ones were not big enough) and I think that we all paid about £80 each (x 20). This did not include meters - just roadworks (very little as already being dug up) and cable laid.

Hope this helps in some way.

Offline lissa

« Reply #293 on: August 31, 2014, 20:42:36 PM »
Is the house behind you also Manzara construction? If not, cannot see how it is relevant.
 This payment to Electricity company is to them, for work they have to do, presumably not to another third party? Has every villa, the 4 of them, been told it will cost 2000 lira each to get onto mains electric and so off builders supply?
 What does your original agreement with Manzara say about electricity supply? If nothing, not sure you have a leg to stand on. Did you have a lawyer originally who can help? If you bought direct from Manzara, obviously you have no recourse to an estate agent. Sorry cannot give happier info about this..........................

Offline cef

• Prolific Member
« Reply #294 on: September 21, 2014, 14:20:59 PM »
This week we have to pay electric company 2000 TL to have a new electric meter to get of builders electric
  So 4 Villa's  2000 TL each seems a lot for cable and road works
Has anyone else have any had to do this.
  I'm pretty sure this is another case of builder not wanting to finish a job.
   House behind us has just got habitation so I believe that this has to with that .
Which would I hope mean we will get habitation soon.

I thought Maclarke's post was very useful for you Peter  :) Any news on yours yet?, it's taking forever &costing you loads more dosh :(

Offline young at heart

• Orpington, UK
« Reply #295 on: September 24, 2014, 09:30:38 AM »
We have no habitation certificate so have been paying builders electricity and water rates.  Our builder has disappeared so no chance of getting it.  We are up to date with our bills but yesterday electricity meter man came turned off communial electric and gave us a n bill.  My turkish neighbour explained that all bills were up to date and this is the first time we had seen the bill.  He turned it back on and told us to bill this bill.  When I looked the payment date was 4th October, so was not even due.  Then we visited our friends a few doors away only to be told that their communial electric had been cut off.  They were told it was because the meter was in the landowners name and it had to be in one of the owners names.  If the bill is being paid what difference does it make whose name the meter is in?  Has any one else had this problem pauline

Offline young at heart

• Orpington, UK
« Reply #296 on: September 24, 2014, 09:32:01 AM »
Don't know why the above heading is on my post but nothing to do with us psuline

Offline davybill

« Reply #297 on: September 24, 2014, 11:28:31 AM »
Yes I believe the communal electric bill has to be in one of the owners name,
According to our maintenance man,

Offline mac2010

« Reply #298 on: September 24, 2014, 12:58:40 PM »
Yes it is correct.The land owner or builder does this until everything has been sold and signed off for habitation then an owner has to put the bill under their name.If you do not at some stage the the land owner or builder can cancel the account as long as it is zero otherwise it effects other accounts under their names if one is not paid .IE one complex owes 1000tl elec bill and the land owners name is still on it then when he has a bill say for his home then the electric company could turn and say to him that he needs to pay it otherwise they can cut him off for unpaid bills even though it is not his address.This is also the same for water,phone line,internet and so on.

Offline cef

• Prolific Member
« Reply #299 on: September 24, 2014, 13:11:53 PM »
That's very interesting info Mac thanks     :)

Maybe the authority's are finally getting round to enforcing the (fairly) new Habitation Certificate laws?

Having their own electric cut off  ;D may well explain the continual demands for more cash from some of their victims..........  :(

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf