Author Topic: Pool Pump Burn Out  (Read 4224 times)

Offline cenk

Pool Pump Burn Out
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2010, 14:56:24 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Rindaloo

Do you know that the pump has burnt out, or are you being told this??  I was just wondering if someone might be on to a nice little earner by claiming the pump has burnt out when it is fine in reality.

Good point.
When I was running hotel. Pool pump stopped, pool company that I used at that times, told that pump was burned and need to be repaired, but it happened twice in one month. I decided to call another electrican, when I was told that pump was burned for the 3 time. Guess what happened ? He managed to run the BURNED pump in 5 minutes !!!
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 15:01:20 PM by cenk »

Offline MelekMatt

Pool Pump Burn Out
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2010, 21:12:40 PM »
Hi Everyone, Thanks a lot for your replies and advice. Although the pump is removed in winter, I doubt very much that any maintenance work is carried out, so that may be an issue, also I know that the motor is only being rewound each time due to the cost and how quickly it comes back. Of course, I couldn't swear that the pump is actually burnt out every time, but I have used two separate pool maintenance companies now and had the same problem with each. I will give Bayram a call as you guys have recommended him and I will see if he is willing to come to Ovacik and take a look at the whole system. Thanks again for all your replies. Matt.

Offline mrkeith

Pool Pump Burn Out
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2010, 07:55:00 AM »
Please tell me why you would wan to remove the entire pump each year just to pay to have it put back on the following year?
I would leave the pump on and make sure that it is never dry of water. As regards to the actual pump itself (not the motor or water fiters) there is very little you can do to maintain it, though I say his without seeing the system and I am not a pool technician but I do know a bit about pumping stuff.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 07:57:12 AM by mrkeith »

Offline MelekMatt

Pool Pump Burn Out
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2010, 21:31:47 PM »
Hi mrKeith, The pump was removed each winter by the maintenance company not at my request, it didn't cost me anything for them to do this and it may have merely been to prevent the pump from being stolen? I may invest in a new pump and some kind of voltage regulator or surge protection, this pump has been rewound so many times now it may be better to just keep it as a spare. I intend to call Bayram as advised and see what he thinks. Thanks again, Matt.

Offline mrkeith

Pool Pump Burn Out
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2010, 07:13:18 AM »
That sounds fair if it is to stop it being stolen, get them to check the capacity of the pump compared to the pool size before you get a new one.

Offline MelekMatt

Pool Pump Burn Out
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2010, 16:21:04 PM »
Hello everyone, just to let you know, we have just returned from a brilliant holiday in Turkey, whilst we were there I contacted Bayram who came and looked at our pool electrics. Sure enough, he found various errors with overloads and breakers rated far too high for the pump, so when they should have tripped they didn't hence the burn outs. There was a phase regulator fitted previously, but again this was faulty. Bayram replaced all the bits and sorted it out for a reasonable fee.
Thanks to you guys for the advice, hopefully that will save us a few quid going forward! Matt.

Offline cloudbase

Pool Pump Burn Out
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2011, 19:58:08 PM »
Just a thought is there a timer fitted or is it running 24\7 hence burn out.

Offline Eric

Pool Pump Burn Out
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2011, 20:20:04 PM »
You have replied to something that is 8 months old.  I think they may have sorted it by now as there has been no further posts.:D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf