Author Topic: dogs  (Read 2526 times)

Offline micko4kim

dogs
« on: September 30, 2007, 20:02:55 PM »
hi, has anyone any info about importing a doggie in to turkey.mick o4 thanking you

Offline cef

• Prolific Member
dogs
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2007, 20:27:35 PM »
Hi Mick, I'm not sure about the regs on taking a dog into Turkey, there was someone moving over not so long ago, who was finding out about taking their pets with them, hopefully they'll see your post & be able to help you, or of course, another member who has some info about it  :) Good luck   :)

PS: What type of dog do you have [^]

Offline Eric

dogs
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2007, 06:51:04 AM »
We imported our dog in April this year. Best people to contact is Defra in the UK and tell them Turkey and they will send out all the info you need.
Dog will need to be microchipped, pet passport, rabies (Blood results not required)and have a Defra certified Vets Certificate of clean health. This is obtained no more than 96 hours before departure I think.
We drove over and had no problems as no one anywhere even checked our paperwork but I think flying in they will check it all. If flying you will need a sturdy travel crate.
You can use a company to sort out the flights etc but they charge or its easy enough to do your self.
Good luck
Fi & Eric

Offline Stressed Eric

dogs
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2007, 09:36:12 AM »
I agree with Eric, speak to Defra.
We brought our old mut over from the uk nearly 3 years ago. As long as your travelling with your pet its very easy, just get the appropriate form from Defra which needs to be filled out and sent back to them for signatures..they then send it back to you. You need upto date vacinations including rabies, and a signed certifition from your UK vet within 96 hrs of travelling. Lastly you need to ensure that you have the appropriate travelling box for your pet, advised by defra and ordered on the internet.
Certainly at the time we brought our dog over, a passport for the dog wasnt needed as Turkey is not EU.
We flew out with Turkish airways at the time, changing via Istanbul and into Izmir. They were fantastic.
Harvey came out on the conveyer belt at Izmir airport, unscathed, if a bit confuse and is now having a great life out here with us.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf