Author Topic: DeFacto - New Clothes Shop  (Read 11384 times)

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
DeFacto - New Clothes Shop
« on: June 19, 2011, 23:43:27 PM »
There is a new clothes shop DeFacto just opened opposite the Fish market and just across from ING bank (not opposite Ramazan as previously posted).

I bought 3 super duper cotton summer dresses from there a couple of nights ago for a grand total of 94TL. They also stock mens clothes.

Staff too busy to follow you around the shop.

There are also a number of other new clothes shops for women in Fethiye - just up the road from Quicksilver on the same side of the road is a small "outlet" shop - new boot leg jeans purchased just 20TL but the normal sizes go quickly leaving only small sizes.

Quite a few dresses & tops etc but mostly synthetic so not really suitable for the hot weather.

Staff completely ignore you until you are ready to pay if you do want to buy something so no hassle.

And just up from there where Koton used to be is another new womens clothes shop - looks a bit more up market and is, with a very nice selection and fairly reasonably priced; staff attentive but in a nice way.

Another womens "outlet" shop has also opened up from the Tuesday market on the other side of the road of the canal. Looks quite big and apparently has some "brand" names. Haven't been in yet but the window displays don't look too bad from a distance.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 22:11:12 PM by nichola »

Offline booo

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2011, 07:37:49 AM »
Thanks Nichola  :) do they sell baby clothes there?
I like LC Walkiki but they have the kids section on the 3rd floor and there are no lifts

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2011, 07:46:23 AM »
We also found DeFacto.  I got a lovely long dress is a very light floaty material which I was so pleased with, it work out about £13.00.  I also got two tops from my son's fiance which were about £6.00 each. She absolutely loves them.  My husband bought a couple of shirts in the men's department upstairs.  Have to say it was great not being followed around by the staff. Browsing without hassle was the best part of shopping in this place.

No baby clothes Boo, but I did buy some hair slides for my Granddaughter, two on a card for 1TL.

There is a new baby shop in the one way street on the left hand side.  I think the name is Kana.  Lovely baby clothes downstairs and baby equipment upstairs. They had a discount card system which I think you join, however the assistant used her own card for us, it was buy one get one half price.  Not the cheapest baby clothes but lovely quallity and design.

Offline littlereddevil

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2011, 09:03:52 AM »
I think there are some baby clothes shops on the main road heading out of Fethiye a bit

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2011, 17:52:29 PM »
Jacqui one of my dresses is a maxi and when I tried it on I felt like I was floating it was so cool and airy... I wonder if we bought the same dress :D

I didn't notice baby clothes Boo too busy having a field day  ;)

Offline kizkucuk

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2011, 19:51:56 PM »
Damn....I was in Fethiye today and looked at it but decided I was too hot and gave it a miss :-(  One for later in the week.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2011, 20:19:41 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by nichola

Jacqui one of my dresses is a maxi and when I tried it on I felt like I was floating it was so cool and airy... I wonder if we bought the same dress :D

I didn't notice baby clothes Boo too busy having a field day  ;)

My dress was grey and pink flowers.  We took our neighbours into Fethiye a few days later and after a meal at your place went over to Defacto.  All the same dresses as mine had sold out.  Remember we will be have to keep in touch if we have the same dress, it would never do to turn up at the Restaurant wearing the same thing[:o)] :-\

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2011, 22:09:27 PM »
That's ok then Jacqui, mine is orange and brown colours

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2011, 11:22:19 AM »
Nichola, There is also a guy selling really lovely dresses in Calis market at the top of the Market  on the extreme left hand side near the cheese shop. There are short dresses and beautiful long ones which are scarf dresses.  I tried one on in the market over my own clothes they are very light loose and comfortable.  I bought two they were £10.00 each. I have left them for my daughter to use as they are a great pop over for beach wear.

Offline mavigoz

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2011, 11:42:51 AM »
De Facto is a great shop with branches all across Turkey.
The branches in Istanbul are bigger in some areas and carry a lot more stock.
When i was there recently they had started the summer reductions and people were grabbing armfuls.........

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf