Author Topic: MRSA  (Read 11110 times)

Offline sannyrut

MRSA
« on: January 23, 2007, 13:10:47 PM »
Can members please advise whether MRSA is also in Turkiye?I learned that a friend who works with my wife,had a neighbour,who had a cancerous prostate removed.He survived the operation,but died within a week of MRSA.He was 70 yrs of age,and was operated on,in a hosiptal in Scotland.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
MRSA
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2007, 13:39:00 PM »
Yes, MRSA is also found in Turkey.

JF

Offline lindacarl

• Pontypool - which is in WALES not England
MRSA
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2007, 14:17:13 PM »
Staphylococcus aureus is found on many individuals skin and seems to cause no major problems. However if it gets inside the body, for instance under the skin or into the lungs, it can cause important infections such as boils or pneumonia. Individuals who carry this organism are usually totally healthy, have no problems whatever and are considered simply to be carriers of the organism.

The term MRSA or methicillin resistant Staphylococcus aureus is used to describe those examples of this organism that are resistant to commonly used antibiotics. Methicillin was an antibiotic used many years ago to treat patients with Staphylococcus aureus infections. It is now no longer used except as a means of identifying this particular type of antibiotic resistance.

Individuals can become carriers of MRSA in the same way that they can become a carrier of ordinary Staphylococcus aureus which is by physical contact with the organism. If the organism is on the skin then it can be passed around by physical contact. If the organism is in the nose or is associated with the lungs rather than the skin then it may be passed around by droplet spread from the mouth and nose.

IN OTHER WORDS - Yes, Staph Aureas is present in ALL countries. You've possibly got some on you as you sit here typing. However whether you get internal organs infected depends on whether at the particular hospital you are in their cleaning & sterilisation is up to par & whether they use proper aseptic techniques when you're being operated on.

It's our own fault for taking too many antibiotics & insisting on them at docs when they are really NOT needed & don't do anything to help the infection we may have.

I used to take antibiotics at least 3 times a year for septic throats UNTIL some kind person told me about Bee Propalis capsules - a NATURAL antibiotic from bee hives. Not had a really bad strep throat that hasn't gone within days since, no more tonsils swollen up so bad I can't swallow. I suffered from age 13-45 at least 3 times a year. YES - I suffered from the same Staph Aureas that has become resistant to antibiotics through mutation. Now it's Bee propalis or zapping for me. Hopefully then if I did get the nasty kind the antibiotics might work better. I also think the hospitals should look at zapping the bug, it makes sense to me.

Zapping - every organism/organ resonates at a different level. If you zap you send different frequencies through the body to eliminate the bad organisms - there has been much work done on this & many frequencies have been found & used many, many times.
Think of it like an opera singer - if they can hit a certain note a glass shatters as that is the frequency the glass resonates at.

Each microrganism has its own frequency therefore zap the body with the correct frequency & the organism explodes, implodes & cannot reproduce etc. Think of other infected cells in the body - find the right frequency & you can kill off the bad cells. There has been a great deal of research done on this & some claim astounding results but the medical establishment are so stuck on invasive treatments & won't look outside the box. Some will - but they are very few & far between. Hopefully as more docs. find this & experiment with it it'll eventually become more common to try this alongside conventional treament.

Off my soap box now - It's something I feel VERY strongly about.

If you meant have there been cases in hospitals - I haven't heard of any BUT then again don't they really hush it up here too. I personally knew of 2 people who died from it & nothing in the papers here about any outbreak at the hospital concerned.

Linda

« Last Edit: January 23, 2007, 14:26:33 PM by lindacarl »

Offline c1

• Northampton, UK
MRSA
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2007, 14:40:49 PM »
"the old adage that doctor bury their mistakes" seems to be true

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
MRSA
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2007, 14:44:18 PM »
quote:

If you meant have there been cases in hospitals - I haven't heard of any BUT then again don't they really hush it up here too. I personally knew of 2 people who died from it & nothing in the papers here about any outbreak at the hospital concerned.

I was meaning in hospitals.  

Just did a quick search of BioMed, an online academic journal, and came up with several papers relating to MRSA in Turkish hospitals.  The administration may very well hush it up, but the clinicians are busy beavering away writing articles about it.  From what I can see, it's no different to any country in respect of nosocomial infections.

JF

Offline Twin Bee

• The Artist Formerly Known As
MRSA
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2007, 15:35:46 PM »
MRSA is in every hospital because it is in every community. As Linda has said healthy people carry it. My take is that Turkey hospitals appear to be much cleaner than UK hospitals (though there will be exceptions) so no need to be unduly worried.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2007, 17:38:59 PM by Twin Bee »

Offline heather07

• Perth, UK
  • Prolific Member
MRSA
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2007, 16:26:11 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by lindacarl

IN OTHER WORDS - Yes, Staph Aureas is present in ALL countries. You've possibly got some on you as you sit here typing. However whether you get internal organs infected depends on whether at the particular hospital you are in their cleaning & sterilisation is up to par & whether they use proper aseptic techniques when you're being operated on.

I recently accompanied a gentleman to hospital and noticed that at the door of every ward there was an antiseptic spray for hand use before entering the ward.  The doctors and nurses appeared to have been issued with them as well.
As a patient you have the right to tell a member of staff to wash their hands if you see that it has not been done.

Offline lindacarl

MRSA
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2007, 16:58:31 PM »
Heather
This should have been happening for many years in ALL wards. Every visitor & nurse/doctor should use.
I've often watched nurses/assistants washing their hands & often they were NOT washing them properly. If staff don't know how to wash properly or don't bother washing properly then I'm not surprised we have problems.

When Carl was in hospital here in the UK 2 years back there was urine from a full leaking bag on an unconscious patient all over the floor. I went & told the staff. It was 2 hrs & 2 tellings later that they changed the bag but the floor was still not cleaned. I was totally horrified - you know how warm they keep the wards.

Carl was supposed to be monitored as he kept frequently blacking out & stopping breathing but in the end I stayed with him as nurses were nowhere to be seen - all chatting in a room away from the patients. Wrong medication was given which enhanced the problem & it was only because we checked the medication that it was noticed.

I was in Esnaf for a day & at least the nurses appear almost immediately you press the buzzer. It certainly looked far cleaner than most UK hospitals I've been in.

Offline Twin Bee

• The Artist Formerly Known As
MRSA
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2007, 17:46:03 PM »
In respect of using anti bacterial spray or soap there is another argument which goes along the lines that the more it is used the more it undermines our own defences and our own resistance to germs; and that the bugs also get super resistant so I think the advice is use such products sparingly and not routinely. At least that is what I been told by infection control nurses.

Offline lindacarl

MRSA
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2007, 22:08:16 PM »
???
Stuart - That is total bull.... The antibacterial spray is to KILL the bugs so you don't pass them onto the patient. As an ex microbiologist I am amazed that nurses who should know MUCH better can spout such total rubbish.
It's like saying -'Never wipe down your kitchen worksurfaces' as dirty kitchens are good for you, as your defences are heightened & your resistance to germs will increase.
TOTAL & UTTER TWADDLE!
Bloody hell - it's totally frightening that nurses who should know much better are spouting this complete & utter bull...t - no wonder MRSA is so rife here. Maybe they are just too bloody lazy to do it? As I said many nurses do NOT wash their hands properly - maybe training is very, very lacking.
What hospital do they work in? - I'd avoid it like the plague. Possibly the next plague could originate there.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2007, 22:16:35 PM by lindacarl »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf