Author Topic: Varicose Veins  (Read 2806 times)

Offline busybee

Varicose Veins
« on: December 30, 2008, 13:02:45 PM »
Need to get these sorted now as getting painful and lumpy.  Anyone had them done out here?  If so where and approx cost. Would be grateful for any info.

Offline tracey1398

Varicose Veins
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2009, 05:14:24 AM »
Hi please let me know if you get any info  had 1 leg done in uk but need other leg done :D

Offline busybee

Varicose Veins
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2009, 22:01:46 PM »
Info yok from CBF, so dont think anyone has had this op done here.  Have semi private health care in the UK which does do V.Veins but am going to enquire at the Esnaf and Devlet first, re cost and what type of procedure they use. Cost of flights to UK for consultation etc to take into consideration and length of waiting time,which if couple of months, then flights back again, transfers etc. Will let you know when I get any info. Have hospital phobia and really scared about having the op done, more so here.Can you have both legs done at the same time?? Here either really great stuff about the hospitals here or really bad. Cant see tha

Offline busybee

Varicose Veins
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2009, 22:04:14 PM »
Ooops pressed something! Ending was meant to say that cant see the cost of the op here being cheaper than poss 4 flights to UK but worth finding out.  Least here it would be done and dusted in a few days hopefully.  Not sounding nervous already am I (not lol)

Offline kevin b

Varicose Veins
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2009, 22:34:25 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by busybee

Ooops pressed something! Ending was meant to say that cant see the cost of the op here being cheaper than poss 4 flights to UK but worth finding out.  Least here it would be done and dusted in a few days hopefully.  Not sounding nervous already am I (not lol)

& the chance of dvt with those flights back & forth to UK

Offline busybee

Varicose Veins
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2009, 08:11:27 AM »
yeah thought of that too, plus recovery time,poss outpatients follow up etc, could end a long trip which adds to the overall cost.

Offline tracey1398

Varicose Veins
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2009, 08:18:17 AM »
also they have stopped funding for veins in most areas  in uk unless they are realy bad.. my consultant would only do 1 leg at atime .the reason i didnt have the other one done was because after the op you have to wait 6 weeks before you can fly. the op is ok its more the thought of it .

Offline busybee

Varicose Veins
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2009, 22:58:47 PM »
Thanks for that Tracey, 6 weeks before flying back!! I know my newly wed daughter would love to have me but 6 weeks is a long time and  to be away from home, hubby and honey dawg as well.  

Offline tracey1398

Varicose Veins
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2010, 06:25:50 AM »
busy bee did you get your legs done [?]

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
Varicose Veins
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2010, 08:58:22 AM »
No they are still lumpy and she is still moaning about them. Well she was at the car boot Sunday. lol. xx

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf