Author Topic: Travel Insurance for Heart Attack  (Read 1288 times)

Offline friar tuck

Travel Insurance for Heart Attack
« on: December 27, 2009, 13:44:52 PM »
My mate wants to come and visit me he had a massive heart attack in 2004 and had 5 bypasses, we have Googled for insurance also carried out a search here on CBF, now recommendation from a personal experience is always better I think so does anyone have any recommendations ?

Offline tonysue

Travel Insurance for Heart Attack
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2009, 11:34:21 AM »
Most insurances want to know when the attack and bypass took place ,and any meds and conditions he is being treated for now, its not unusual for bypass patients to be treated for high BP, cholesterol and angina and if longer than 3 months is ok, so long as you declare it to your insurers go through their medical screening and pay the additional premium. My husband is 10 years post op but is regarded the same as more than 3 months , which seems unfair. It also helps when going through the screening to state his condition as Ischemic heart disease, they will then ask if he has had bypass surgery and when. If its a one-off trip for a couple of weeks then try Saga or Age Concern,for a longer stay multi trip policy we used getmy.com this year.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf