Author Topic: Medical Costs @ Esnaf Hospital  (Read 2340 times)

Offline Ray1951

Medical Costs @ Esnaf Hospital
« on: February 20, 2012, 18:47:22 PM »
10 days ago a friend of mine slipped and hurt her wrist. Although uncomfortable and bruised, she felt that it was just a sprain. He husband strapped it up and she kept it immobile. Yesterday she was persuaded to seek medical advice, something I suggested at the time of the accident. She attended the new Esnaf Hospital. After taking two x-rays they said her wrist was not broken. They applied a splint and gave her an injection and sent her away, say she should return today to see the orthopaedic doctor. On arrival today they said they needed to take another x-ray, which they did. Today's diagnosis was that a small bone was displaced. They said it would heal but could restrict wrist movement in the future. The said it would be best to have the bone re-aligned and a cast applied. They said that there was a 'possibility' that they may have to pin the bone. She has to go in tomorrow and they have said it will be a 10 minute job done under local jab. Cost 3,000 ytl without the pin and 4,000 ytl if the pin is required.  This should be used as a bench mark for anyone needing medical attention who does not have SGK or private medical insurance,

Offline Eric

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012, 20:47:01 PM »
The Esnaf is a private hospital set up to make money!  If she had gone to the Devlet she would have paid a lot less.

Offline vinvola

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2012, 12:55:47 PM »
I totally agree with Eric on this one. The State Hospital is not a money making centre like the Esnaf and people who live in the area should use it.

Offline quackers

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2012, 14:21:54 PM »
I also agree and the service at the Devlet is excellant.

Offline cheers

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2012, 14:51:34 PM »
I dislocated and broke my wrist a few years ago.  The service at The Devlet was excellent and it only cost £170.  On return my local hospital said they had never seen a better re-alignment!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf