Author Topic: New Law ?? starting October 1st  (Read 4928 times)

Offline cinders

New Law ?? starting October 1st
« on: September 26, 2013, 18:42:33 PM »
What is going on !!!!! : :)
Saw this on Fethiye Expats....
A new law will come into effect as of 1st of October. People employing Turkish cleaners may well want to take note. As far as I can make out private individuals employing the same cleaner, even for once a week will be required to pay their insurance. It will not matter if they are receiving insurance via their husbands. I hope this will not turn into a debate regarding the rights and wrongs of this, it is meant only as a warning for the people who think they are helping someone by employing them to do a bit of cleaning once a week. Possible repercussions of this will be that whilst your cleaner may assure you that they are quite happy to work and not have their insurance paid, should you then fall out with them in the future, or sack them or generally upset them, they can report you to the necessary authorities and the fines are truly monumental - thousands in fact. I haven't got every single detail this minute because Yakup was reading the article to me then he had to run off, but I'll up date when I have more details. Sad part of all this is that it means many ladies might lose their jobs.

and then an update 
 So an update on the article. Not a lot to report other than apparently if you employ a cleaner you should go to the SSK offices and declare her a part time worker. There's no indication of how much this will cost. There is also nothing about the tax liability of your 'part time' cleaner, or what happens if they work for a different person every day. I guess more will be revealed after the law comes in. The real point is no one is going to be checking up on anyone, BUT if in the future the cleaning lady herself goes to complain that you didn't pay her insurance that is when the problems start.

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
Re: New Law ?? starting October 1st
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2013, 20:18:24 PM »
what utter rubbish. who on earth started that?

Offline cinders

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2013, 04:49:12 AM »
Looking on Fethiye Expats page on Facebook....Lynda Yilmaz SHARED this,  so think Not Utter rubbish?
Have you seen anything to say it it is ? As we all know things happen differently in Turkey so will wait the outcome, it may well be interpretation / implementation will be confirmed soon......

Seems the article can be found here...http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk -

Des Martinson.....
[quote    Meanwhile, inspectors of the Social Security Institution (SGK) launched a new campaign last week to track down household workers working illegally without a work permit or insurance. Foreigners without a work permit are being sent back to their home countries, and families who hire domestic without insurance are being fined up to hundreds of thousands of Turkish Liras.
September/19/2013]  [/quote]
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 11:09:22 AM by cinders »

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2013, 11:27:53 AM »
You obviously didn't find out before condemning this Des

From Hurriyet Daily News:

Offline cinders

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2013, 11:43:25 AM »
Not condemning him just posted for him to see....  could be misinterpretation as I said  :-\   
By the way how did you do that    : :) C

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2013, 12:11:24 PM »
No I didn't mean to imply you were condemning him, I meant he condemned the story without finding out first.

You can copy your screen by pressing CTRL and Print Screen (can be PRTSC or similar on the key - top right, normally after the F1 to F12 keys) together - that copies the screen you are looking at, then you can paste it into a photo viewing/editing program (whatever opens your photos for you).

Offline cinders

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2013, 12:49:40 PM »
Too complicated for me will....... just stand in awe  ;) C

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2013, 12:56:43 PM »
And I,ll sit on the naughty step Cinders.  ;)  :)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2013, 20:01:50 PM »
Just as a matter of interest, just how much would the Insurance cost??

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2013, 20:21:37 PM »
I remember 2003/4 I wanted work done and was advised to have a company or legally self employed person to carry out the work, I asked why and it was explained that should the person carrying out the work may not have the correct insurance, or we did not hold the correct insurance; therefore, should this person be injured or killed we would be liable for cost and covering his/her families earnings for the rest of their days. 
I read it as not a new law but an enforcement of a law already in place.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf