Author Topic: The Beach  (Read 2780 times)

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
The Beach
« on: July 08, 2007, 14:25:31 PM »
I noticed the topic of the beach faded out rather quickly, Did that machine ever turn up ?. We spent a couple of odd days on Calis, no change whatsoever, but when we wanted a beach day we went to the surf club, it was spotless, no charge for the beds and matress, a little table by your bed, excellent service from the lads that worked there, and no over priced meals,no hassle whatsoever, oh, and ashtrays supplied, A wooded walkway to the water, and sand beneath your feet, Bliss.

Offline tel

The Beach
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2007, 15:14:50 PM »
Shhhhhhh......stop telling everyone or we will have all of Calis up here LOL
This is the posh end you see  ha ha

Offline Elsa Padfield

• Minehead, UK
The Beach
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2007, 16:24:01 PM »
This must have changed. They always used to charge for thier beds even when you were using thier watersports facilities. More competition now I suppose.

Offline Jukebox

• Leeds, UK
  • Prolific Member
The Beach
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2007, 16:45:49 PM »
They'e also got sand on the part of the beach in fromt of the Sat Restaurant. Think we might give that and the Surf Club a go in Sptember. Dont mind paying for sundbeds but hate the s.ite surrounding me .:(

Offline braveheart

The Beach
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2007, 01:51:31 AM »
Spent a day last month there, as stipulated earlier - no charge for lounger - no hassle - pleasant service (typically Turkish)
Pleasant day was had by all

Meanwhile, no machine been spotted on main Calis beach area (maybe one day)

Lets continue to hope

Offline eldestblade

• Barnsley, UK
The Beach
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2007, 18:48:07 PM »
where is the surf club?

Offline Jukebox

• Leeds, UK
  • Prolific Member
The Beach
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2007, 21:18:49 PM »
When you arrive on the front, turn right and walk right down as far as the Letoon Hotel on the end, look to the right and it's there.

Offline blue_hair

The Beach
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2007, 17:02:10 PM »
We are just back from an enjoyable 2 weeks in Calis. We also went to the surf club where the beach is good to laze about on.
However walking along the road to the surf club between the dolmus stop and the surf club about 5m in from the road edge on the beach was a massive concrete whole. I could only describe as a concrete bunker. It was being used as a rubbish bin. It was about 2 meters deep. It was completely infested with wasps. Any young child falling in would certainly have big problems. The smell was unbearable. I was really shocked to see such a thing on a public beach.
Infact that stretch of beach was the worst I have seen it. I noticed this time there was alot of broken glass.
Only a matter of time before a youngster has a serious accident and bring with it adverse publicity.

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
The Beach
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2007, 13:09:38 PM »
 :)Yes, thats true, and they do alot of horse riding on that stretch too, it would'nt be nice for one of the horses to end up with a piece of glass in its foot,(or hoof),
But once you get past that bit its worth it to spend time on a nice beach. ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf