Author Topic: play station 2  (Read 3537 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
play station 2
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2007, 21:19:31 PM »
Ah sorry [:o]

I had a totally misunderstanderisation of your question. I thought you were asking about Turkish DVD copies in UK DVD players. I have now grasped the nettle of you enquisitation.

Turkish DVD film copies will work in UK DVD Players
Turkish PS2 copies will work in UK PS2's that have been chipped.

Please Loz, don't reply asking what "chipped" means, ask one of your grandchildren  ;)

Offline trainer

• Last man standing
play station 2
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2007, 07:40:43 AM »
PS2 at ASDA £98.00 1 game, 1 remote control, 2 hand controls put it in a laptop bag and carry over as hand luggage. It will play UK DVDs, Cd's and UK games it will play Turkish originals DVDs Cd's and games but not copies to do that you have to chip it and that cancels out the warranty. :)

Offline Phil

play station 2
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2007, 16:29:43 PM »
I too have some kids who have 47 different ways of saying "I'm bored" and I actually refuse to consider PS2's and other brain numbing equipment being on holiday with us.
The best thing we have to keep them amused are bicycles!!!! We have bought ours but they can now be hired on the sea front.
So, equipped with a few lira off they go to places where they know there are pool tables, swimming pools, table tennis tables, Sky Sports, beach etc. They know a few bar men and go to say hello and play backgammon.
They buy a keebab at the Mangal or a snack lunch somewhere and then back to the Villa having spent the day communicating with each other in sentences consisting of more than three mono syllabic grunts.
I may be imagining it but they did seem to be better for having the umbilical chord to the games console cut for a few weeks.
I know all kids are different but it is just a suggestion......
Have a great holiday

Offline bee

• Droylsden, Manchester, UK
play station 2
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2007, 17:58:11 PM »
oooh! i'm such a bad parent for concidering ps2's in turkey, bikes!some drivers iv'e heard while lying next to my pool tare ar''ing at at least 80 mph on a relativly quiet road, no bikes for me .Bee

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
play station 2
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2007, 19:41:56 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by trainer

PS2 at ASDA £98.00 1 game, 1 remote control, 2 hand controls put it in a laptop bag and carry over as hand luggage. It will play UK DVDs, Cd's and UK games it will play Turkish originals DVDs Cd's and games but not copies to do that you have to chip it and that cancels out the warranty. :)

Trainer thank you so much for the easy to understand answer..:D even though I needed a magnifying glass to read the reply.[:o)]

Offline Phil

play station 2
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2007, 20:56:15 PM »
mmmmmmm......
sorry for trying (and failing) to help...
Hope you all enjoy your holiday.
We did, and I am sure you will too.
Best wishes.

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
play station 2
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2007, 21:18:48 PM »
Phil I agree with so much of what you say, and although watching children on bikes in the area and some of the crazy happenings on the roads, I still agree to getting the kids out and about.

my question was a reversal Turkey to uk dvd and games, I got the answer, I need a chip (where does the fish go!)  Also the PS2 belongs to a huge kid of 24years old.  

:D

Offline Phil

play station 2
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2007, 06:36:21 AM »
The problem looks far worse looking from the outside.
I also "get on my bike" and I feel safer on a Turkish road than an English one !!
Turkish drivers have far more respect for bicycles.
A friendly toot as they come up behind you to say "be careful I'm coming past" and then they give you a wide berth.
I agree that standing on the pavement watching traffic anywhere can be scary but I believe that Turkish drivers are actually very considerate (mad, but more considerate).
They may not stick to the highway code but they do take their usual politeness into the car with them.
I am certainly as happy for our kids to be on the roads in Calis as the roads in our home town.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf