Author Topic: police crackdown on under 16s in bars/  (Read 8008 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
police crackdown on under 16s in bars/
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2007, 21:08:00 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Highlander

Scunner - I hope you didn't think my last posts was directed at your kids. It certainly wasn't, I was making a general point.

I didn't think that at all John, I was replying as you were so it wasn't a reply to yours  :)

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2007, 22:20:00 PM »
We really need a full clarification of this. I appreciate the possible targeting of non Turkish owned bars and more laxity for Turkish owned. However I suppose my concern is more selfish. As most people know we have built a nice new bar at Violet. The pool table is in the bar, kids like to play pool, the ice cream fridge is in the bar etc,etc. What will the ruling be for bars such as Violet and numerous other complexes [?] This could impact seriously on the rentability of apartments on similar complexes.
Ken

Offline Elsa Padfield

• Minehead, UK
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2007, 22:20:02 PM »
If these children were on thier own and without parents then perhaps the police have a case.  I have seen youngsters (under 16)in bars without adults in Calis.  Not sure whether they were drinking alcohol or not though. I think young people are allowed in bars in the UK from the age of 14 as long as they're not served alcohol.  This used to be the rule anyway. P'raps it's changed?

Offline Steve B

• The Hairy Branflake
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2007, 05:58:34 AM »
Perhaps our friends at Fethiye Times could find out and clarify.

Offline trainer

• Last man standing
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2007, 07:52:26 AM »
in the UK you are only allowed underage persons in a pub if it has a separate area for serving food and they can only stay in that area, they cannot sit in a designated bar area. They are only allowed to serve up until 9pm then they must leave at that time, and don't forget that the legal age to drink alcohol is 18.
I would like to know the law for Turkey as I am coming over on the 29th August for 2 weeks with 4 lads all aged sixteen, it will be hard enough keeping them out of trouble at the poolside let alone the bars LOL so if anyone has more info it would be appreciated.:D

Offline saoirse

« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2007, 09:45:06 AM »
In my opinon kids should not be in bars, full stop. When they are old enough to drink thats ok but otherwise bars should be for adults and as a refuge from kids.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2007, 09:53:31 AM »
Let's hope you never stand for election to the local Belediye then  ;)

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2007, 10:16:43 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by saoirse

In my opinon kids should not be in bars, full stop. When they are old enough to drink thats ok but otherwise bars should be for adults and as a refuge from kids.

I am of the same opinion, unless it is a restaurant, hotel or some kind of holiday complex, we are definitely a split household on this one.  ;)

just a little info that always made me smirk, British law at its best.  " it is illegal to sell alcohol to a drunk person"  so you can legally get them off their trolley, then be done for doing so....lo:D ;)

Offline Thecluesum2sum

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2007, 11:11:45 AM »
There have been many underage girls and boys drinking in the bars this year some as young as 14 my daughter was talking to some ofthem one night they think it's great they can get served over here I wondered where the parents were!

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2007, 11:16:49 AM »
It's also worth remembering that an awful lot of youngsters now look so much older than they are.  Here in the UK we ask for proof of age if in doubt.  Is there any such ruling in Turkey? If so has anyone ever seen it enforced?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf