Author Topic: police crackdown on under 16s in bars/  (Read 8010 times)

Offline sannyrut

police crackdown on under 16s in bars/
« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2007, 16:39:38 PM »
I agree with seviyorum and John H.The samall police post is now,as I understand it,an ATM.OMG.The police are now turning out to be the same visible presence as in the UK.:-\

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2007, 20:14:28 PM »
 :) Doubt it Sanny, well not this part of the Uk, ;)

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2007, 23:07:40 PM »
I bet Madeleine's parents wish they had taken her to the bar/restaurant. That is very hard but to be honest we have taken our kids to bars all over Europe from the age of around 6 or 7. They have never been in any trouble. We have never been in any trouble. They are now 31 and 27 and would probably agree with my reasoning. At the end of the day we must let commom sense prevail. I believe the conduct of the children is governed by the standards (or lack of) of the parents.
Ken

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2007, 15:34:23 PM »
 :)Your right Ken and thats what we are saying, I dont want to open a can of worms here, but some of us know that its not just alcohol these people are consuming, if you had seen the woman we are referring to you would understand, and I am convinced alot of the trouble there last year was related to the same thing, i've seen it at home where the quietist of people can turn into a raging bull and its not nice.[^]

Offline John H

• Hamilton, Lanarkshire, UK
« Reply #44 on: August 15, 2007, 16:11:16 PM »
I wonder,do other nationalities place as much importance on access to bars for all their family on holiday as the British do?  Apart from the new influx of East Europeans,who seem to keep to themselves,there are very few other nationalities visible in Calis now. My own recollections are that most bars busy with families and large groups were invariably patronised by the British. This observation based on my own limited travels. Any comments or views?

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #45 on: August 15, 2007, 16:18:00 PM »
 :)John I think it is mainly the british, from my experience, there are also alot of Russian and Polish that go to Calis, but they don't frequent the bars,  simply because of prices I am told, I have seen them strolling up and down the front of an evening and was told by Bayram in Hamsi bar that they just don't spend and are mainly fully inclusive. ;)

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
« Reply #46 on: August 15, 2007, 23:04:44 PM »
John/Laffa. I think it is mainly the British. I believe most Europeans have a more liberal approach to alcohol consumption in the early teens. So their kids are more educated in the rights, wrongs and effects of drinking. The Brits see foreign holidays as an opportunity to take advantage where controls are not as stringent.
Ken

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #47 on: August 15, 2007, 23:28:20 PM »
If it is the Brits could it be that alcohol is more expensive in the UK and therefore they go over the top when on holiday?

Booze cruises to France, you never see them advertising  "booze run to UK"  

Many of the Scandinavians ventured to the UK for less expensive clothes, then made sure they claimed the VAT back on EVERYTHING!

They say you can claim back the VAT for food and drink purchased in Turkey, now this could be interesting, every night request a tax receipt from the establishments, you have to make sure you only frequent the ones who are part of the scheme and displaying the sticker. make your holiday even cheaper to double you alcohol intake, forget where you have left the kids, parked grannies wheel chair, mislaid your purse/wallet or handbag, and not necessarily in that order : :) ;)    

(well I thought as the forum is now out no to close businesses.. ;): :) I must be feeling brave, it is the heat addle the grey matter).

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf