Author Topic: onur airline  (Read 3863 times)

Offline frenchie

onur airline
« on: September 09, 2007, 20:43:00 PM »
onur is a turkish air line and i have been told that passengers had a bad experience while flying with them either thursday or friday of last week something to do with the air low, made them drop suddenly thousands of feet. this is probably a one off but it has made me worry because i fly out on thursday. i have already had stress from vision holidays with my accomodation not being paid for. is there someone on this forum that has used onur and can possibly put my mind at rest. in spite of all this i still keep smiling...or is it hysterical laughter...nothing else can go wrong surely. frenchie.[?]

Offline PAuborn

• Petts Wood, Kent, UK
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2007, 20:56:47 PM »
Hi Frenchie
We went with onur last year didnt drop then,but that was on a sunday lol.
Pete.

Offline frenchie

onur airline
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2007, 21:04:31 PM »
we fly out on thursday the 13th all we need is torrential rain when we get there. son-in-law has just offered to lend me dvd final destination...i declined.

Offline mibur

onur airline
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2007, 21:22:59 PM »
Don't worry !!
Onur Air are as safe as any other airline throughout the world
We have flown with them several times and had no problems.
We had a bad experience with First Choice some time ago when the aircraft suddenly dropped a few hundred feet after hitting turbulence. My heart literally came up in to my mouth, credit to the pilot though, he soon had the aircraft under control. Looking around the aircraft, there was a good many people with a rather grey complexion!!
Air travel is still the safest way to travel, just relax and enjoy your holiday.

Offline PaulT

onur airline
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2007, 22:43:23 PM »
I have flown with Onur Air at least twice now. The first time was excellent - a little worried because of what I had previously heard and read about them - but credit where credit is due - they were efficient, courteous and travelling was comfortable - and dead on time!!  We had a bit of a laugh about the drinks trolley - we were gagging for a beer - flying just after the new security measures were put in place (August 2006) and not having had time to get a bevvy at Gatwick - it just seemed like forever before the trolley reached us! - but once it did they were more than happy to serve us with drinks anytime we wanted one!

More recently I flew back from Turkey with them - again I can't fault them - despite being seriously delayed, they bussed us to a local hotel - with swimming pool and all facilities, allowing us to get anything we wanted from our suitcases first - fed and watered us for free and got us back to the airport in time for the delayed return flight.  AND they kept us informed throughout.  Far better than sitting in Dalaman Airport and paying their inflated prices!

OK - so there's no entertainment on board - there's normally a fair amount of entertainment in people watching anyway! - but everything else is at least as good as any other budget airline I have flown with.

There's always a horror story about any aitrline - so my advice is sit back and enjoy it - it's still by far the safest way to travel!!

Offline KayteeLouise

onur airline
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2007, 23:24:20 PM »
Flew to and from dalaman with Onur Air just three weeks okay today.
was fine and dandy

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
onur airline
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2007, 23:32:13 PM »
Frenchie. The plane must have encountered "still air turbulence". I have experienced it twice and it is really very scary :(. The aircraft just drops 1,000's of feet and then stops with a bump when it reaches the bottom of the air pocket, or whatever. It doesn't dive but just drops level. Passengers and cabin crew have been known to hit their heads on the ceiling and I think, at worst, there have been broken limbs. Incidentally both my experiences were with BA.
These days it is a very rare event.
Ken

My god. I just reached the later detailed post about this. After all that "still air turbulence" would be a pleasure. I can sympathise with your alarm and I am glad that you all came through OK.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2007, 23:48:31 PM by kenkay »

Offline sharron

onur airline
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2007, 23:48:33 PM »
ok give me a break flying with them tuesday morning!! Nevours as it is boo hoooooooo:(

Offline booo

onur airline
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2007, 10:46:51 AM »
On another forum there is a post about Onur air that I think you are mentioning. Sounds a lot worse than turbulence as they had oxygen masks (many of which fell apart) and needed to do an emergency landing at Istanbul.

Offline frenchie

onur airline
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2007, 11:00:04 AM »
hi boo, where did you get this info from. it seems i will have to keep all this to myself as i,ve been asked not to disclose anything else to my hubby and friend and partner they are dropping bricks to put it politely.....must be a one off i keep telling myself. :o

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf