Author Topic: Jerry Boat  (Read 1922 times)

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Jerry Boat
« on: August 11, 2016, 22:38:02 PM »
Anyone heard anything about Jerry rescuing a young girl from the sea this week ?

Offline LisaRob

Re: Jerry Boat
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2016, 22:54:21 PM »
Hi John.
I wasn't there so don't have first hand details but this is what Jerry posted on his facebook page earlier..
"She ( a young girl apparently on Jerry's boat trip ) was snorkeling and her snorkel filled wıth water. I rescued her from the water and with the help of some customers we revived her. She later drank tea and walked off the boat happy. Thank you to everyone who helped."
Jerry later replied to another post saying the young girl is fine  :)

I'm sure knowing Jerry he will be very modest about what he did, but I for one always feel safe when out with Jerry...He is not only extremely knowledgeable but an all round nice guy as is his family..

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2016, 23:13:34 PM »
Sadly, I cannot access Jerry's facebook page but that's another story :( :( :(

Offline Fran

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2016, 08:11:28 AM »
There is a post on Facebook from someone who was there it sounds quite dramatic, Jerry saw her in the water,dived in and got her back on the boat and performed cpr on her. Lots of posts praising him for his vigilance, a true hero.

Offline Hamlet

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2016, 20:33:19 PM »
This happened on Wednesday, my wife along with a group of female friends was on Deyişbey boat, moored next to Jerryboat, apparently the captain, Tulay, is related to Jerry by marriage.
The first they knew of it was when they heard a little commotion and saw the young lady, Chinese allegedly, being lifted out of the water.

Captain Tulay explained to his passengers that each boat is required to have at least 3 crew members on board and at least 1 must be a registered 'first aider'.

I didn't know this before but I'm pleased to know it now and I have noticed that all the crews seem to be constantly vigilant & 'on alert'.
Good to know.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf