Author Topic: Fake Goods  (Read 7286 times)

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
Re: Fake Goods
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2017, 18:51:04 PM »

Offline sadler

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2017, 18:58:22 PM »
Oh Colwyn, I understand now! Fake news, who would've believe?  ;D ;D :D#Invalid YouTube Link#

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2017, 19:01:28 PM »
I too don't really see the harm. People who buy Turkish Sunday Market designer shirts are not likely to be also buying the genuine article. I am sure in reality Mr Gucci and Mr Ralph Lauren don't lose too much sleep over it too.

It's part of the Turkish holiday experience - and any clampdown affects the vendors way more than it does the holidaymakers.

Offline Taddy

• Newly Registered
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2017, 11:18:38 AM »
The 'Google' shop in Calis (sells T-shirts,  shirts etc)  had a visit from the Police regarding their name. A bloke went up a ladder and just added a G to the front of it  ;D ;D

Offline Ray1951

« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2017, 11:51:58 AM »
NEW LAW:

The Turkish parliament has passed new laws to crack down on counterfeit goods.

The Grand National Assembly of Turkey ratified new legislation on industrial property rights late Wednesday.

The new legislation will introduce new prison terms and fines for those convicted of marketing counterfeit goods.

Prison terms for those who infringe a trademark by producing or selling fake goods or services will vary from one year to three. Fines will be imposed for prison terms less than 21 days.

Last April, the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) and the EU's Intellectual Property Office announced that imports of counterfeit and pirated goods are worth nearly half a trillion dollars a year, or around 2.5 percent of global imports.

U.S., Italian and French brands are among those hardest hit by counterfeiting.

Offline Steve A

« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2017, 12:10:03 PM »
This is crazy ,stopping fake goods will not get Turkey into the EU ffs,they need to get their priorities right and Scunner has it spot on when he quite rightly states that the trademark owners do not lose any money as the people who buy these goods would not usually be in a position to buy the real thing.It actually promotes their global brand at no cost to them ! Dont fall for the fakes fund crime chestnut as again the trade is near the bottom of the list as to who/ what funds crime.

Offline daveG

« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2017, 13:07:31 PM »
Got to hand it to Reg & Co. Finding another quick cash bonanza and then no doubt putting that one on the back burner until the next project.Or is that just me being cynical?

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2017, 13:14:38 PM »
Turkey has always had laws against the production and selling of fake goods. It's just that they've never had the will to pursue the fakers in the past.

Pretty much the same as laws against illegal builders, motorcyclists not wearing helmets, drivers not wearing seatbelts, unlicenced firearms, "honour killings" etc.

Offline fernando torres

« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2017, 21:23:14 PM »
Does this mean like in the UK anyone buying fake goods will also be fined !!!!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Fake Goods
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2017, 08:50:15 AM »
Anyone buying fake goods in Turkey can find themselves being prosecuted by U.K. Customs on their return.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf