Author Topic: Bloody Dogs  (Read 1709 times)

Offline Ally B

Bloody Dogs
« on: June 03, 2019, 16:22:26 PM »
I thought I would be the last person to put this on because I love dogs ,| have one and both my daughters have one each. But the stray dog situation is really getting out of hand.We rent along by the Letoon Hotel and it seems to be a gathering place for them.Before we came home I counted nine of them in a pack.I had to buy a set of ear plugs because of all the howling and barking during the night. They mostly seem docile until they see someone on a bike or scooter or even someone walking that they take umbrage to.One day there will be a nasty accident with a cyclist or scooter rider trying to avoid getting their legs bitten.I saw a man walking the prom with an empty beer bottle in each hand for fending off the dogs,there was possibly a previous incident between them.I also saw a young woman on a bike with a trailer holding a youngster being chased by a few of the dogs and she looked terrified. I really think enough is enough. Calis is a holiday resort not a zoo. I hate to post this but I do feel strongly about the situation. I am sure some people will be put off returning because of this.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Re: Bloody Dogs
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2019, 16:32:54 PM »
Sounds to me that your complaint is about bikes and scooters, not dogs.  ;)

Offline Steve A

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2019, 17:01:48 PM »
Time to round them up and send them to the dog farm in the sky

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2019, 17:17:45 PM »
Strangely, I was with friends in Obens y'day & we remarked on the absence of dogs in the vicinity. We'd been to Obens a few times up to around 3 weeks ago & regularly saw 10 or so dogs around, so maybe they have been rounded up

Offline Ally B

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2019, 18:52:46 PM »
Feel free to correct me if I am wrong  KKOB but I don't think bikes and scooters howl or bark. Or for another matter **** on the beach.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2019, 19:02:52 PM »
Do you know what this,  ;) ,means ?

Offline MrT

• Newly Registered
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2019, 21:22:11 PM »
Stayed in Oludeniz at christmas 2017 there were around 15 stray dogs there, we were staying at the oyster residenses and the lady who ran the place said it was a problem as when the season ends the dogs are just left, she feeds them otherwise they would starve.

Im not really a dog person dont mind them but was bitten on the face by a sheepdog when i was a child ( the owner said "he always growls like that dont worry" then a bite and stitches in the infirmary ) and never really trusted dogs since.

Apparently they really like me though, in Oludeniz all 15 followed me everywhere ( only me not my partner who is OK with them and they didnt go near her ). if I sat near the beach 4 or 5 would be with me all the time. Then the other 10 would turn up, then they would start fighting with each other to be nearer me.

Stayed in Kalkan centre for a night a couple of years ago and noticed all the sleeping dogs everywhere , then at 1 o clock they all awoke and barked until 6am , didnt get any sleep.

wouldent wish any harm on them

can someone just make an anti bite and bark drug for dogs

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf