Author Topic: Exchange rate & Drinks Prices  (Read 4226 times)

Offline badger

• One of Scunner's best mates
Re: Exchange rate & Drinks Prices
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2019, 13:14:11 PM »
There won't be many gin o clocks for us at £4.76 😕 Is a tonic extra ?

Offline blueclad

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2019, 14:09:28 PM »
 my wife only drinks martini rosso  hard to find in Calis bars [ some have a terrible taste look a like yuk  ].. all same price as G & T OR Vodka & lemonade,    SO in 2 of our very  regular bars we leave a  big bottle of martini  then  they  kindly keep safe, buy 2 glasses  lemonade  at the bar and mix her own 3 or 4 martinis.

anything for her to give me a easy time

Offline daveG

« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2019, 20:45:05 PM »
Ok so drink prices are not what they were,but come on !!
combine it with a decent meal at Turkish prices and they are mega cheap even in my part of the country i.e Yorkshire not what could expected  in th south.

Offline madmart

« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2019, 21:46:00 PM »
Meanwhile back in the UK a single scotch (Bells for example) is £3 a shot. 30 shots per 750ml bottle that equals £90 you can buy a bottle in Sainsburys for £15.

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2019, 10:46:39 AM »
You're all more than welcome to come along to Motif and enjoy our seasonal fruit (strawberry, black Mulberry, Pear and Ginger) and other infused (Gilby's) gin at 28TL a glass, bottle of the mixer of your choice: tonic, sprite or soda included... unashamed plug for our restaurant     ;)

The price of a litre bottle of Gilby's has just gone up by 8TL a bottle and we are covering this increase until the next upcoming tax hike on alcohol.

Worth remembering that a Turkish spirit measure is 50% more than a UK measure so this needs to be calculated in when comparing the price of a pink Gin in the UK to the same in Turkey.

I am reliably informed that it's possible to pay anything up to £10-£11 for a Gin in the UK especially the flavoured Gins     :)

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2019, 10:52:47 AM »

Just a comparison post, I drink pink gin (preferably Gordons if anyone is buying), Summer Rose, 35.5tl, Bambu 35tl,  Ocean Blue 35tl, Meri 25tl, Ali's boat 25tl. Now, seeing as normal gin and pink gin are the same price in the supermarkets (circa 139tl), you can see which bars are being "fair". When I asked in Ocean Blue about the price, he didn't believe the supermarket price and looked it up, then said the cost of a measure to him was 10tl, but said he had to make a profit........

Beefeater Pink Gin, 75cl), retailing at 162.50 TL in Migros according to their website - that's about ten Turkish measures plus mixers are generally included in the price in Turkey.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf