Author Topic: Is It Busy in Calis ?  (Read 2500 times)

Offline blueclad

Is It Busy in Calis ?
« on: June 08, 2019, 11:38:04 AM »
How busy is it in Calis ?.
 Just had a email from my hotel saying that it  is  fully booked up all 84 out of 85 rooms  until Wednesday and we have to have the only room left on the ground floor till then  >:( >:(.

if that's the situation in other places it should help the traders / hotels ect  have a good season, and nice to see holidaymakers  back to the area after the security issue 2-3 years ago when not many came

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
Re: Is It Busy in Calis ?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2019, 12:07:24 PM »
This last week has been very busy, as the end of Ramazan bayram, for government offices (& schools) started 31st May & won't end until tomorrow night & there's been a lot of vehicles from out of the area. I'm guessing that not many of these cars came on day trips, so the occupants must have been staying somewhere locally.

Offline jackstee

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2019, 15:44:14 PM »
This should quiet it down a bit.

Thunder and rain next Tuesday Wednesday and Thursday.

Offline Ray1951

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2019, 17:30:32 PM »
Friends have told me there are more Russians than ever before staying in the hotels as well as Germans and although people from the U.K., there are fewer of them than before.

Offline lissa

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2019, 19:19:01 PM »
Russians here, but not sure if more than before. Lots of Brits here, more than other foreign nationalities, I would say. Germans do seem to be returning after a few years of staying away.
Chinese and Korean tourists in Fethiye, some stay a few days, others on whistle stop tours so only here one night. Many speak English. So interesting to talk to. Most say just first opportunity to travel.

Offline davybill

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2019, 20:01:58 PM »
Plenty of Russians staying in Antalya, but a lot of Brits in Cslis.

Offline Menthol

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2019, 23:03:06 PM »
It has just been reported in the Daily Sabah, that the will now be direct flights from Russia to Dalaman.

I remarked only yesterday to my husband, that we keep overhearing many different foreign accents on our walks around the area.

Great news for the tourist business, local and national economy. 2019 looks set to be a bumper year.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf