Author Topic: September 2019 Review  (Read 1939 times)

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
September 2019 Review
« on: September 23, 2019, 22:52:07 PM »
S is for Soul Train – great event which raised 50,055 tl (marred by terrible incident).

E is for Earplugs – after researching expensive alternatives I too skibumuk advice and bought muffle wax earplugs, 5 for £ 2.69 from Boots. Absolutely perfect – blocked out 97.5 % of noise. The only exception was the muffled wail of ambulance and/or police sirens.

P is for Prices. Have notably increased.

T is for Thomas Cook. Very efficient outward flight and second last flight back to Glasgow.

E is for Exchange rate. For possibly only the second time I exchanged money in the UK when the Lira was falling. Difference was 0.50 tl less to the pound
when we changed in Calis.

M is for Meri Bar. A firm favourite now. Superbly run.

B is for Bicycles, electric scooters etc. which continue to travel up and down the prom. Still an accident waiting to happen.

E is for Engin. Of the Brothers Restaurant which we really enjoyed this year.

R is for Rose Lady. No sign of her whatsoever.

T is for Tooth. One of which Mrs H lost on day 3 and rendered her smileless for the remainder.

Wis for Weather. People will have there any favourite website but I checked Accuweather before going out and it was remarkably accurate.

E is for Eejit. The putting of towels on sun beds at silly o’clock is one thing but a guy sitting at tables with 9 empty seats claiming that there were people using them is quite another. Especially given that there were no other seats available.

N is for No chips. The present Mrs H’s specific request when ordering a meal in Babzen only to be meet with the stony faced response “We don’t do chips”.

T is for Time. Specifically the time we go out for our evening meal. I prefer to arrive at restaurant just before 8 when it starts to get busy. Brenda prefers later. Result – more than one domestic.

Y is for Youngsters. The ill disciplined variety who (apart from the fact that they should have been in school) nearly cost us our flight slot by holding up others boarding

N is for Noise. Specifically traffic noise which I notice more and more. Time was when all you hard was the purr of small scooters and 1950’s style electric bikes and the odd tractor. Now it’s the ear bursting roar of high powered motor bikes and cars. (PS the number of luxury cars about the area which seem to grow exponentially

I is for Internet.  We didn’t have internet in our apartment . As is the way of the world these days, not “convenient” but hey-ho nobody died because of it. 

N is for Nationalities. The number of different nationalities we came across as opposed to when we first came. Lots of French on our apartment complex.

E is for Everyone (flight people, transfer drivers, restaurant staff etc.) who all worked hard to make our holiday as good as always.

T is for Transfer. We landed at 22.02 and were at our apartment at 23.12. Must be a record but might have been to all avail because there was nobody there to meet us.

E is for Ejected. As in from the apartment before our pick-up time despite requesting same on more than one occasion. May have had a silver lining though.

E is for E’s. Far too many in this review.

N is for Never. Never say never that we will not be back next year.

« Last Edit: September 23, 2019, 23:01:34 PM by Highlander »

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
Re: September 2019 Review
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2019, 16:34:31 PM »
Excellent I enjoyed reading this John..

Offline legless

• Muppet on Wheels
  • Global Moderator
Re: September 2019 Review
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2019, 21:26:33 PM »